New LP body is here!

JaySwear

Black korina back, one piece laminated top with a pretty thick 2 piece plain maple cap under that. I've been GASing for a Les Paul for years and MAN I think that hole is filled.

6948272646_9c89cc5e6d_z.jpg

7094341835_b993d66738_z.jpg

6948272758_52161ab518_z.jpg

6948272850_a6f41fe0a9_z.jpg

Look at that thick maple cap!
6948272918_7d4f72e9f7_z.jpg

7094342091_21c6a3132a_z.jpg

7094342133_66e6b5c6c3_z.jpg

Dog approved
7094358981_5ac091613f_z.jpg

Now the big question... What the hell do I finish it with?! I was a little low on funds when I purchased it, but it was screaming my name from the Showcase. Even if I had the money to have it finished by Warmoth at the time I don't think I would have. So many options! As I said in Last Triumph's thread, the Copperhead finish is really growing on me... And I called Warmoth a while ago and confirmed that I can send the body back for finishing at a later date. Then of course there is the color master himself, Tonar.

So what do you think? Any finish ideas? I think gloss black is out though :icon_biggrin:

I'd say a solid color...  :laughing7:

Nice LP. In all honesty... Purple dye, nitro clearcoat from Tonar. That way it wears out eventually and looks cool, while being purple! Or some sort of wine red dye, again with the nitro clearcoat. Neck finish from Tonar, for sure.

EDIT: Or a solid color. Some funky color or other. Fiesta Red, Lake Placid Blue... mmm.... surf green.........  :eek:

Wow! Congratulation, and good for you! Those are some very nice parts.

As for a finish, I'm afraid I'm no help. Anything from Warmoth or Tonar is going to look good, so where do you start? Have any other guitars? What colors are those? Might want to try something different. Not that it's likely that one is going to get confused with anything else, but still. A unique identity can be a Good Thing.

That is a beautiful piece of black korina. It will really look great with any finish, as long as it is light enough for all the streaks to come through.

Nice dog, what breed is it?

Wow, I am going to have to live vicariously through you! I LOVE LPs with 1 piece tops. Man they look incredible...

I need my jaw on the floor drooling smiley.

OK, wow! 

I've been loving clear gloss over Maple these days.  Admittedly I have a purple fetish.

I go with a green, blue, or red burst/dye on the top, clear gloss on the back/sides.

Very nice combo  :headbang:

Purple Dye / Purple Burst / Purple to Clear Burst  :icon_biggrin:
Goes without saying, Clear on the back & sides.
Purple goes with any colour hardware.

I'm with them guys, that's some schweet wood ya got there!

Might I suggest brown to clear burst front & back? It's like a more subtle tobacco burst.

There's a LP in the showcase at the moment with brown to clear on flamed maple, it's very nice! :icon_thumright:

Jay - as was mentioned - that wood is striking!  I would seriously just clear it with something that will give 'er a lil ambering - nice and subtle.  That top is crazy.  :rock-on:

PaulXerxen (nexrex) said:
Nice dog, what breed is it?

Thank you! Not entirely sure to be honest. I think she's part pit bull and part terrier.

And I'm thinking maybe red. Like I said, I'm glad I ordered it without a finish because I'm so indecisive!

This is one of my favorite LP's. A forum member on the My Les Paul Forums owns it. Thoughts? This would be strait from me to Tonar. Too traditional looking?

6932184810_b4db2b5f71_c.jpg

I'm a sucker for tobacco bursts too, probably Duane Allman's fault. But ONLY if the light area goes up around the neck PU, there's one Gibsonian pattern with a circle of yellow at the bridge and brown all over the rest - ick. However, I must say one thing Gibson (and PRS) know how to do is a whole bunch of different nice bursts.

I think this is absolutely beautiful, Warmoth's Amber Dye

lpcp286A.jpg

I do like the one you posted, but would want less red. I can't get over the join seam not being in the middle as well...

Edit: Nevermind, I really like that one as well.

rapfohl09 said:
I do like the one you posted, but would want less red. I can't get over the join seam not being in the middle as well...

Edit: Nevermind, I really like that one as well.

If you're talking about JaySwear's body, the joint seam isn't in the middle because there isn't one - it looks to me like a one-piece top.

Bagman

Jay, that is GORGEOUS!!!! Really fantastic piece!! Maybe a light vintage tobacco sunburst?  :dontknow:
gotta show off that gorgeous Korina back!! I'm super excited to see this come together!

love that top man! and the back is also kickass!`it almost looks like a singlepiece top.

I say purplemist burst. but ey, thats my 'go to' color for the last six years.

Back