New J-Bass : blue dyed quilted maple on alder and ziricote on flame maple

nice. There's a Dinky P that looks like that in the showcase that's been there for a while. i almost bought it, too. very cool

what pickups are you putting in? I'm curious to hear the J/MM configuration in action

Is there the tiniest black burst edge on that body?  That's some mighty fancy lumber ya got there.  Nice.

bagman67 said:
Is there the tiniest black burst edge on that body?  That's some mighty fancy lumber ya got there.  Nice.

It's not a black burst (I didn't ask for a black burst...), a bit more blue dye, that makes it darker...I like it and I precisely wondered if it would be darker, and it is !

That body is so 3d it looks like you could fall into it!

And I love the lightning bolt look of the grain on the ziricote too.  Nice scores!

Wow. Just... wow. The beauty of the work Warmoth turns out never ceases to amaze me. You're going to be like a new mother the first time you take that somewhere away from home to play it, terrified to take your eyes off it for a second <grin>

Are those gold frets?

Gold fret, yes, as will be all hardware.

I got them a few hours and I had to give them to my instrument maker for assembling and setup everything. I'll play with it next sunday.

To be continued...

I'll keep it and try to arrange something to be able to put a W neck, something can be done according to my instrument maker without modifying the body.

My instrument maker (on the right in the first picture) :
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=235868586&albumID=386573&imageID=22432848

The only problems : pickups will stay at their current places and the W neck heel will run a bit "out" of the body, but not too much (the old bridge mounting holes and strings-thru-body holes will still be hidden by the bridge afterwards).
The difference in length between both necks bottoms is about 2,5 to 3 cm.
Anyway, he's going to check that deeper, let's don't ruin a correct body for something worse...But I'm ready to take that risk.

If that works, I'll try to refret the old F neck myself. I've got a lot of time to think about that...

Max said:
Hate to say it, Mike, but that top's finish looks even better than Blue's  :laughing7:

You made "Blue" cry  :sad:

Tele%20014.JPG

Back