New here...

T.L.

Hello all.  I recently decided that I want to build my own Warmoth custom guitar, and I'm pretty excited about it, so I thought it would be a good idea to join this forum and learn all I can. I have taken apart and reassembled many guitars over the years -- as well as customized EVERY electric guitar I have ever owned, but never built one from scratch. I will be buying a pre-fretted neck, and I will most likely pay someone to paint the guitar, but I believe I am qualified to do the rest. I know exactly what I want, down to the last detail. I refuse to buy one more off-the-shelf guitar, and companies like ESP want a RIDICULOUS amount of money to build me a custom one, so Warmoth here I come!
I am sure I will have questions for you experienced guys...

jackthehack said:
Welcome; what are the details on your build?

Well, here is what I have planned:

Flat-top alder Soloist body (rear-routed), 1-5/8" 22-fret maple Vintage-Modern neck (Standard-thin with Fender headstock), Sperzel locking tuners, Floyd Rose bridge, Black hardware, Seymour Duncan TB-12 Humbucker @ bridge and Dimarzio Fast Track-1 @ neck (no middle pickup), Rosewood fretboard, 6150 medium-jumbo frets, Abalone dot inlays, One 500k volume knob and one Ernie Ball 3-way selector switch (mid-position is coil-tapping), I am going to do my own heel contour with the use of an ESP angled neck- plate, Direct-mounted pickups.

Finish will be a medium-dark transparent green with a black boarder, kind of like a sunburst Strat, only green.

I may have left out a detail or two, but this is the basic idea. I know it's pretty simple, but I like things that are simple yet elegant..

Back