The specs for the blue soloist:
Basswood Body w/Quilted Maple Top
Non-warmoth Maple/Maple Neck
DiMarzio Air Norton (N)
DiMarzio Tone Zone (F-Spaced) (B)
Original Non-Recessed Chrome Floyd Rose
3-Way toggle switch
Schaller Tuners

Nice top.  What is your opinion of the Air norton?  it's good to see more soloists in here!

guitlouie said:
Nice top.  What is your opinion of the Air norton?  it's good to see more soloists in here!

The air norton is really good.  i was really surprised with it at how good it is for soloing and slow bluesy stuff.  Not really a punch pickup but the sound is loose and crisp and just really good for lead soloing and blues.

Awesome, nice blue top and headstock.  How well does the headstock laminate match the body?

Phrygian said:
Awesome, nice blue top and headstock.  How well does the headstock laminate match the body?

well actually, the headstock laminate isnt a laminate at all.  the blue part you see on the headstock is just blue stain.  the wood of the headstock itself is just the plain maple from the rest of the neck.  i just put some blue stain on there to match the body so that it wouldnt be so weird lookin.  I did think about putting a maple veneer on there just before i stained it but said screw it and just did it.  it didnt turn out that bad though.  it looks good too.  really compliments the body really well.

I remember this guitar. You're on the eddievanhalen.com forums too, right?

Back