New Family Member/do you like the look of this? (not warmoth)

Micahbell

I recently moved provinces and had to leave my beloved Warmoth at home :(
I was planning to have it shipped out, but then I would have to buy a case (I only use gig bags and do not want to ship it in that), pay for shipping, then I am moving back home in 7 months, but I am currently having a bass built for me that will be ready in three months, then when I move back home I would have to ship both basses back, so it isn't really worth it for me.
So, I figured I would rent a bass until my new one is made, but this town is STUPID for renting gear...looked all over and I have no idea how these guys come up with their prices.
Anyway, seeing as everything is damn expensive I just went to one of the stores and said give me your cheapest bass to rent for a month.
Expecting it to be crap I was very surprised when I got home and plugged in the three-fiddy$ 198(2 i think) Peavey T-20. It freaking rocks! I love the tone of this thing.
The set up was crap so I had to mess around for a bit, but it plays really nicely.
After a week of playing it I've decided I am going to buy it! It costs me $80 a month to rent, so if I was to rent another two months I will have payed for more then half of the bass. So I have decided I will rent for the three months, and by then I will have saved up the extra 100$ I need to pay for the bass, and it will be mine!

I was looking up review of the bass to see what people think-see if they hold up to time as this one does not seem to be played very much at all and wasn't sure if it would give out on me in a bit after hard playing and discovered that most people reviewing it hated the look! I kind of like it - mint pickguard, clear finish on ash (I think it is ash, anyway...could be alder, I am no expert here) and a kind of weird body - like a jazz but with a fat ass.
So I like it, but what do you guys think?

Picture was taken with a crappy camera, but you get the idea.

I just don't understand why you would rent a guitar though.... For me, it throws the whole story off..

Moving to a new city left me broke, so I couldn't afford to buy one outright, but needed a bass to play some gigs.

Is the thing in the upper right-hand corner of the pickguard a finger-rest? If so, that's a weird, weird position. You'd have to be double jointed to use it.

:icon_scratch:

Yeah, it is a thumb rest.
I thought it was weird too, but I have found myself using it lots...it is actually a lot better placed then it appears.

Back