New Chevy billboards around Detroit

Graffiti62

My uncle sent me these in an e-mail earlier tonight, and I figured you guys would get a kick out of these:

image02020.jpg

image01919.jpg

image01818.jpg

image01717.jpg

image01616.jpg

image01515.jpg

image01414.jpg

image01313.jpg

image01212.jpg

image01111.jpg

image01010.jpg

image0099.jpg

image0088.jpg

image0077.jpg

image0066.jpg

image0055.jpg

image0044.jpg

image0033.jpg

image0022.jpg

image0011.jpg

image02222.jpg

image02121.jpg

It's funny that there is a lot of truth in  those.  The "they don't write songs about volvos" one rang esp true to me.  GM has a lot celebrate about it's past.  Reminds me of Fender or Gibson.  We're still playing guitars with the same body shapes as people did 50 years ago.  However, much like GIbson or Fender, the current products aren't nearly as celebrated as the vintage stuff. 

I liked each and every one of these billboards.  I am a devout Chevrolet guy.......  as far as I am concerned everything else on the road is junk.  Don't bother trying to convince me otherwise, I am a third generation Chevy man.  I'd rather push my Chevy on the brake rotors than ride in a Ford!

My only wish was that they could have maybe used two or three other cars where they stuck '57s. I would have loved to have seen a '60 Impala (there was '58 and '59 in the set already), a '66 or '67 Chevelle (there's already a '68/'69 and a '70 in the set too) and a '56 Chevy, and maybe a '70 Camaro.

I'm not a car guy, but I liked the remember hair, spare tire and ringtone ones. :blob7:

That was a time when America was great.. when the chrome was thick and the women were straight - Michael Savage

(this is not MY my car . . . but the same year and color (saddle brown, cream top). Mine is in pieces waiting for paint.) '53 Bel Air, BTW (same year as my B3)

LOVE those ads!!  :headbang:    :headbang:  :headbang:

Particularly love the  ad about the SS Camaro and the Statue with the Fist...... :icon_thumright:

=CB= said:
That was a time when America was great.. when the chrome was thick and the women were straight - Michael Savage

That reminds me of my first car--a '78 Malibu coupe with a 305. I used to tell people that it was made out of three things:  chrome, steel and sex appeal.

That's the thing:  nobody's gonna remember much about the cars made nowadays.

They can be faster, more aerodynamic, more fuel efficient, safer, etc... you name it.

But really, it's all about the mojo.  It's not what you say, but how you say it.

Same goes for music, guitars, amps - lots of new-ish things.. . all easily forgettable.

America has lost its soul.

For me, REAL America is the wilderness. West Virginian rivers in the mountains. If you guys want to see real America, go down the Upper Gauley River.

On a more related note, those ads are amusing, but I also noticed they talked about what they used to be, rather than what they are.

=CB= said:

did I come here too late, or did I ruin it by coming here?  :tard:

Max said:
For me, REAL America is the wilderness. West Virginian rivers in the mountains. If you guys want to see real America, go down the Upper Gauley River.

On a more related note, those ads are amusing, but I also noticed they talked about what they used to be, rather than what they are.

I dig what you're saying Max--I live it every day:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquette,_MI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_Peninsula

These do tie in with the subject--much of Detroit's muscle and curves were built using Upper Peninsula ore.

Back