New bass designs

KwazyTwang said:
Yeah! You can adjust the action on anything. But if you ever play a Warwick. You'll understand. Very different feel.

It sounds to me that ur a little confused cuz of some marketing BS. Any guitar or bass can have good action if you set it up right. The name does not make the guitar.

smavridis said:
i never understood the hype of warwick models.

Have you ever played one?

Wenge has to be the ultimate bass neck wood.  I'm glad Warmoth is offering it to those wanting to build their own.  The MEC pickups have an amazing "growl" to them.  I had (  :( ) a 4-string Streamer LX that just played itself.  Even the fact that they position the "P" pickup backwards, with the bass side of the pickup closer to the bridge gave my thumb an uber-comfortable place to hang out!  Some of Warwick's body designs are a little wierd, I'll admit, but as far as fit/finish/solidity I have yet to play a nicer bass (with the exception of Tobias ... they make great basses as well).

AndyG said:
smavridis said:
i never understood the hype of warwick models.

Have you ever played one?

Wenge has to be the ultimate bass neck wood.  I'm glad Warmoth is offering it to those wanting to build their own.  The MEC pickups have an amazing "growl" to them.  I had (  :( ) a 4-string Streamer LX that just played itself.  Even the fact that they position the "P" pickup backwards, with the bass side of the pickup closer to the bridge gave my thumb an uber-comfortable place to hang out!  Some of Warwick's body designs are a little wierd, I'll admit, but as far as fit/finish/solidity I have yet to play a nicer bass (with the exception of Tobias ... they make great basses as well).

Ah, at least somebody likes Warwick here.

Nothing is perfect except to the individual in question. Ask 5 people what the perfect [insert whatever here] is, and you're likely to get 5 different answers. That is why Warmoth offers different options, so that people like us can custom build instruments to suit our specific needs/tastes. Otherwise, there would only be 1 "perfect" bass model manufactured in the world & we would all be forced to play it because nothing else would be available. "You don't like the Roland-ready reverse flying-V robot 12-string bass?!? Why not? It's perfect!"

That being said, I'd like to see them offer a bass version of their split Jazzmaster guitar model.

l_c09dd9c5fc094cbe97a535f4943b4828.gif

True, Fender makes a Jaguar bass, but I prefer PBass pickups over Jazz bass pickups... Well, not entirely. Actually, I like PJ set ups... and vintage Thunderbird humbuckers. *sigh* Decisions, decisions...  :icon_scratch:

Max Webster said:
How about a Flying V bass, with either Long or Short Scale?
Man, that would be awesome. How about a King V shortscale/longscale!

On ultimate guitar there's a king V 8 string build.  :icon_biggrin:

Donisaur said:
That being said, I'd like to see them offer a bass version of their split Jazzmaster guitar model.

True, Fender makes a Jaguar bass, but I prefer PBass pickups over Jazz bass pickups... Well, not entirely. Actually, I like PJ set ups... and vintage Thunderbird humbuckers. *sigh* Decisions, decisions...  :icon_scratch:

Warmoth apparently are currently working on a 6-string 30", and 4-string 34" version sof their Jazzmaster body according to this thread: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=8547.15

Re: Fender Bass VI (30" scale, not baritone)
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 11:12:01 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
What we're tenatively calling our "Jazzmaster Bass 6" has a 30"-scale, 24 fret neck with an 1 11/16" nut width.  The body is essentially our stock Jazzmaster shape but with the upper horn extended about an inch.  You'll be able to get it top-routed with a Jazzmastery-style pickguard with an optional cutout and rout for the Jaguar 3-switch plate.  Single coils or humbuckers, or  lots more options if you go rear-routed.  Stock Jazzmaster trem is available with the bridge studs angled 1/16" for better intonation, or just about any other bridge we offer.

Oh, and we're doing it as a 4-string 34" scale bass body, too.

Back