New Audio Interface! Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB

Axkoa

After the last year of being annoyed at my old interface, I decided to upgrade. Got myself a Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB on sale. Haven't been able to do much recording with it but I feel like the guitars definitely sound better and the microphone through it sounds great. Got this one for future upgradability.

buLY3Gr.jpg

Also been trying out the Neural DSP Archetype: Nolly and Parallax plugins, they sound great and I recorded this little section of Smile by TesseracT. Using GGD Invasion and a few Studio One plugins.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/camcrowmusic/smile-tesseract[/soundcloud]

I've recently had two interfaces die. Truth be told they're both really old, so not big losses but I've been looking over A couple to replace them. The Berhinger U-Phoria 4x4 and the Clarett being the top of my list. I'd be interested to hear what you think of working with it.

I picked up the UMC1810 and have been happy with it so far.

At home I use a Focusrite Scarlett 18i8. It's the first version, and it's been solid and dependable, but not awe-inspiring. I've often wondered how the Clarett tier compared, especially the mic pre's.

Honestly not sure I can give advice about comparing this with other interfaces. It's definitely a hell of a lot nicer than my old one, but haven't really gotten around to recording much vocals with it. I picked it up on sale for the same price as the current gen Scarlett 18i8 so mostly got it because of the price, and I heard good things about it.

Back