New Amp Day- Mustang III. Need help!

offguitar

I bought a new Fender Mustang III amp last Saturday. It's awesome! I was skeptical about it because of it being an all digital amp. It sounds pretty decent, though! This is seriously my first amp that's less than 30 years old.

The only trouble I'm having with it is that I'm getting a TON of noise from it as soon as I turn it on. I know it's not the amp because it was dead silent at the Guitar Center I bought it in, and I was using a guitar with single coils. And it hums the same whether or not I have my guitar plugged into it. In fact, I tried holding the jack between my fingers with it on, and that made it quieter.

Are digital amps more sensitive to fluorescent lights, electronics, interference, etc.?  ???

Sounds like you've got a bad earth on your home electrics.  Have you tried it in a different outlet in a different room. Or better still at a friends house?

Yeah, I messed around with it a bit. For some reason it feeds back on the second floor and basement of my house, but not the first floor. :/ I've never had that happen with any other amp I've owned.

Another small addition to the noise is the pickups in my Dean Vendetta. My other guitars are being borrowed right now, and I haven't messed with the electronics in this one yet.

Back