New addition to the family

David

Just finished my sonic blue strat last night and wanted to share a pic.  I am extra pleased with this one.  The pickups are Seymour Duncan Cool Rails in the neck and Hot Rails in the bridge.

sturdygertiewarmoth.jpg

And here is a family picture of all my Warmoth guitars.  There are 2 others as well that aren't pictured here.  One was sold and another was given away as a gift.

guitarsbuilt.jpg

Wow, either those colors were very carefully chosen or you just got lucky. I can usually pick something out of a build, at least 1 thing that I don't like but, I really like this build a lot. From the colors chosen to the inlays down to the pups. I love it. Very classy! :icon_thumright:

Thanks SrDeMaFp,  I actually have a Mexcian Fender daphne blue strat body that I bought on ebay sometime back, but decided to sell it in favor of the sonic blue body.  The sonic blue is a paler-- the perfect color for a strat body I think.  It sounds great too.  I originally used a 250k pot, just because I had one laying around, but swapped it out for a 500k.  The 500k sounds so much better with the rails.

The switch is a 3 way.  I like to keep things simple.  I also like to sound fo the bridge and neck pups mixed together, so I left the middle pickup out.  No tone knob either.  I never use them and they just add load to the signal.

I dont think I'll ever get used to MOP on maple.
But that doesn't mean a thing as far as how awesome your axe is. congrats man.

David said:
Thanks SrDeMaFp,  I actually have a Mexcian Fender daphne blue strat body that I bought on ebay sometime back, but decided to sell it in favor of the sonic blue body.  The sonic blue is a paler-- the perfect color for a strat body I think.  It sounds great too.  I originally used a 250k pot, just because I had one laying around, but swapped it out for a 500k.  The 500k sounds so much better with the rails.

Good choices there. That blue is beautiful. As Max said, that maple board with the MOP blocks looks really cool, as well.

Nice one there man. But I haveto agree with Volitions, MOP and maple just gets mistranslated inbetween the retina's and the brain...And the emptyness inbetween the pup's.... :rock-on:

What does the logo on the headstock say..... :icon_scratch:

Yeah, I don't like tremelos.  I guess I like to leave off everything I don't use:  middle pup, tone control, trems.  That is one of the things I love about Warmoth.  I can design and build my personalized guitar rather than buying one designed to appeal to a wide audience.

The head stock has my last name on it:  Salchak.  The very end says "Sturdy Gertie" which is what I named this guitar since it has a fatback neck and no trem.  It just feels real sturdy...

Thanks for the compliments.

Back