Neon Pink Superstrat

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
How's the Floyd pop in arm?
I'm considering replacing one on my 7 string with one.

It's great! I actually did that before disassembling the old guitar so I got a couple days with it. Mine was the old non-collared screw in type so it would get loose and have a little wiggle in it. This is like the ibanez units but without the bushings on the arm. It's a (I think) teflon sleeve that you adjust tightness on with a set screw. Super smooth, no wiggle, and you can adjust the amount of tension. I have mine set just right enough not to move around on it's own. for 12 bucks it was a great value IMO

Chad11491 said:
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
How's the Floyd pop in arm?
I'm considering replacing one on my 7 string with one.

It's great! I actually did that before disassembling the old guitar so I got a couple days with it. Mine was the old non-collared screw in type so it would get loose and have a little wiggle in it. This is like the ibanez units but without the bushings on the arm. It's a (I think) teflon sleeve that you adjust tightness on with a set screw. Super smooth, no wiggle, and you can adjust the amount of tension. I have mine set just right enough not to move around on it's own. for 12 bucks it was a great value IMO

Nice.
I have a Gotoh 1995 with this style, but you can only order replacement bars from them, not the nylon bushing itself, so I may order one for my Gotoh, and another to replace the OFR collar style that I retro'd on my Ibanez Lo-Pro 7 some years back. 

So I went to the UPS store to pick up something else and lo and behold, out comes a neck box. No shipping notifications, no nothing from Musikraft. Nervous as hell from the other thread where the Musikraft neck has been Fubar'd the last two times, I open my box. It's absolutely perfect, the nut lines up perfect (the two rear bolt holes DO look off center from the neck, but i guess that's how it's supposed to be, my other FR nuts are top mounts). The nut is perfectly square with the neck and the string spacing is perfect on each side. The frets are perfectly level and the ends are rounded, as well as the fretboard. I had them lightly roll the neck instead of their "heavy" rolling, fearing strings falling off the board. The light is great. It feels smooth and broken in with no hard edges. All frets are perfectly seated and beveled on the edge. Time will tell when stringing it up if any of them are prouder than the others, but it doesn't look like it by using a metal straight edge to guesstimate it. It fit super tight in the neck pocket with no gaps on the guitar and bolted right up. I got the EVH asymmetrical carve and I was curious how i'd like it, but it feels awesome. Very natural in the hand. The birdseye is moderate, just how I like it. Too little and i feel it's a waste of money, too much and the guitar looks like it has leprocy to me haha. But this is just right.

33155491706_af62ea352d_c.jpg

33197376055_dc5bc67cd0_c.jpg

33155492066_f0e8982711_c.jpg

33197376155_3cbfb19e01_c.jpg

This one looks weird, like the neck is stained or something in one spot, but it's just the lighting. It's flooding outside or i'd get better pics.

33197376285_fcfa490d03_c.jpg

32352513654_70972aeddf_c.jpg

Damn that looks great together! Really love the look of that neck. Glad it worked out great for you.

That does make a fine instrument. Glad to hear your order was as should be. Looks good. :icon_thumright:

Happy to hear your neck came out right. Very nice to hear you're pleased.  :icon_thumright:

Nice. That combination worked out really well. Congrats on a great build.

OP, so glad it worked out for you.  MK did a fantastic job on the other neck I ordered from them.  This one didn't work out after several attempts.  Their fix was to enlarge one of the holes, so I received a refund.  Great CS on their end.  Anyway, I really love your build and hope it brings you a heap of inspiration.

fdesalvo said:
OP, so glad it worked out for you.  MK did a fantastic job on the other neck I ordered from them.  This one didn't work out after several attempts.  Their fix was to enlarge one of the holes, so I received a refund.  Great CS on their end.  Anyway, I really love your build and hope it brings you a heap of inspiration.

Thank you sir. Sorry to hear of your troubles, but i hope it comes together quickly. That guitar is stunning.

I finished putting it together the other day, but had the pickups taped in place because the rings didn't come in haha. Afterwards, the rings didn't fit so I decided just to wood mount it anyway since the guitar was wood mounted. I didn't want to mess up my pickups permanently so I had some hesitation.

So here was my solution, after reading on this forum:

Gorilla Glue wood epoxy!

I Drilled the holes for the 3-48 x 1/2" machine screw (same size as pickup mounting screws, but shorter), filled the hole with epoxy, coated the screw with carnauba car wax (pinnacle, for that extra show car goodness lol) and put it in the hole. Removed the screw after a few minutes and used new screws, because why not, it was a bag of 100. and bam! threaded inserts for wood mounting the pickups. They adjust up and down fine and I doubt i'll have issues with the hole stripping any time soon.

here's some pics! It plays and sounds fantastic. It's oddly the loudest guitar I have acoustically though it's the only bolt neck. The old parts guitar most of the parts came from was nowhere near this loud. I'm going to take it to Southeast Guitar Repair up here in Duluth for one of their exceptional setups to take it over the edge and hopefully make it play as nice as my carvin.

Took these right at sunset so it's got a nice orange-ish glow going on.

32949449430_c65d8ff56f_c.jpg

33176885342_ae20eb9c06_c.jpg

32949449860_43e8c39f94_c.jpg

32949449640_f5bbf04f08_c.jpg

33176885452_7921db4423_c.jpg

Chad11491 said:
I Drilled the holes for the 3-48 x 1/2" machine screw (same size as pickup mounting screws, but shorter), filled the hole with epoxy, coated the screw with carnauba car wax (pinnacle, for that extra show car goodness lol) and put it in the hole. Removed the screw after a few minutes and used new screws, because why not, it was a bag of 100. and bam! threaded inserts for wood mounting the pickups. They adjust up and down fine and I doubt i'll have issues with the hole stripping any time soon.
Can't say I'd have thought of that. Looks good! Nice work.

Lol yep. my gf says I have more car products than she's ever bought makeup stuff. Gotta take care of my girl though, haha.

Chad11491 said:
Lol yep. my gf says I have more car products than she's ever bought makeup stuff. Gotta take care of my girl though, haha.

Hit your stovetop with a DA polisher and orange pad with some Wolfgang TSR and your guitar parts bin shall never run dry  :laughing7:

That looks so cool though, really inspiring. I think that it fits better without pickup rings as well.

Push in arm holder = GREAT upgrade for Floyds!

Gotoh Floyds comes with these stock, I wish OFR did too, but they aint expensive so its well worth it!

Nice to see some more "condy store color" guitars around here ;)

I'm starting to feel like I need a two-'bucker, one-knob super-Strat.  Just a lovely axe.  Go forth and shred, shred like the wind!

Back