Need Wiring Help for my first build

GuitarMadCap

I got it all put together and plugged it in. I was afraid I would fly across the room like Marty McFly on the first chord. Luckily that didn’t happen and everything sounds beautiful. The only issue is that the Neck/Middle tone knob is not working. This guitar has 3 single coil pickups with Strat electronics. I wired it so only the bridge pickup is on the bottom tone knob and the Neck and Middle pups are on the top tone knob. This is a WGD so it has a rear control cavity. The top tone doesn’t do anything in any of the top 4 positions on the 5-way switch. I usually only use the bridge tone knob anyway so it’s not a huge deal but occasionally I use the other tone knob depending on the room.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 11
Good to hear you are making progress. I think you should move the red wire onto the middle lug of the tone pot. That is what you did with the bridge tone, and it works ok.

The swamp ash looks pretty good IMO.

Last edited:
I think you should move the red wire onto the middle lug of the tone pot. That is what you did with the bridge tone, and it works ok.
I’ll try that. Seems like an easy fix. I thought it didn’t matter which lug you went to since so many diagrams show them wired to different lugs.
The swamp ash looks pretty good IMO.
Thanks! I like the roasted swamp ash a lot. I’m not crazy about the quilted maple top but it’s growing on me.

Back