Need help from the Metal Masters

I bought Boomers and put them on my friends little Silvertone  :laughing3:

I had to widen the nut slots and adjust the truss rod, and I put it in C Standard. Sounded quite good and played well too

MicahC said:

I had to widen the nut slots and adjust the truss rod, and I put it in C Standard. Sounded quite good and played well too

Would an ordinary Warmoth Graphite nut need widening in order to take 0.12-0.52 strings?

SrDeMaFp said:
NonsenseTele said:
Go for 24,75"!!!
http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=xCBb5NvzQpE
It's B tuned, I'm not wrong!

I believe in that video it's actually Bb (Zakk tunes down live)
Anyway, that's my favorite BLS song
bb.gif

It's actually a half-step LOWER than that live. The recording's tuning = Bb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb

Mapleg4 said:
MicahC said:

Would an ordinary Warmoth Graphite nut need widening in order to take 0.12-0.52 strings?

Yes; I order factory nuts on all my necks and the string notches are cut for light/extra light .009/.010 strings; if going to a lot heavier gauge like 0.12-0.52, you'll probably need to do a little filing, particularly on the lower strings. They have to do factory nuts that way (that's the way most off the rack guitars come, too) as you can file deeper, but not put back nut material.

Back