Need bridge advice for Jazzmaster

vtpcnk said:
>But be aware if you choose that or a Strat-like trem, that the trem and bridge unit will sit quite forward - almost in the centre of the body.

is this because the jm's body is longer in length than a strat?

anybody has the actual measurements of the body sizes of a strat and a jm - say from top strap pin to bottom strap pin?

appreciate the feedback.
The JM looks a bigger body to me, but I don't see your point in using strap pins and taking measurements. :icon_scratch:

The strap pins only give you a balanced feel when you stand up with the instrument, they don't play any role in the bridge/scale or anything to do with intonation of the guitar. If you find the guitar feeling unbalanced - as it feels to you with strap around your shoulders - moving the strap pins around is one way to make it feel more comfortable. It's really a personal choice matter for you.

The scale length on the Strat and JM is identical on the original Fender models. So from bridge to nut, the measurements are the same on both of those guitars. Jaguars are a shorter scale design and will naturally have a shorter distance between the bridge and the nut than a Strat or JM.

The Strat body is more squarer and compact. In contrast, the JM and Jags have an offset body design to make them more comfortable (supposedly). That means more area at the rear of the body behind the bridge. The rear 'droops' down and helps with the balance of the instrument and is a patented design from Fender.

>TOM bridges need an angled neck pocket. Warmoth know what to do and will ask you when you order.

btw is this angling done on the body or neck?

appreciate the feedback.

>the neck pocket is angled - nothing is done to the neck.

and the standard neck will fit without any problem?

hey btw is this neck pocket angling necessary even for a "nashville" tom? apparently there are easier to fit on a jpm.

there are a lot of people who say that they have installed TOMs on their fender jazzmasters. did they do the angling in the neck pocket as well?

You'll find heaps of info here: http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/

There's a section for technical info, and one for mods and customisations.  Peeps have done all sorts of things to their JMs/Jaguars.

I know this is old... but hey, I found it.. )

I'm looking to create a Warmoth Jazzmaster with a 2Tek bridge.  I'm not a fan of trem systems generally, and the original Jazzmaster is just not so good. 

But I'm thinking the 2Tek, along with something like the Electro-Harmonix Slammi pedal... gives the best of all worlds... IMHO )

-manifold

Back