Necks: threaded inserts as an option

mookyshoots

Instead of reviving some very old threads, I'm just starting a new one here. I'd love to see Warmoth offer threaded inserts as an option (for a charge, of course) on their necks. I think most of us always have some degree of worry about stripping out the mounting holes on necks due to the fact that we assemble/disassemble guitars as a hobby.

Thoughts?

I use them. This would be a nice option to have.

AqLBZPG.jpg

Any neck/guitar you get from me would have them. I think they're great!

Warmoth may have warranty concerns. You can drive a wood screw into anything, but machine screws into threaded inserts makes it possible to cross-thread the fastener, and while it's repairable, it's not something that could happen with the old-fashioned attachment mehod.

Cagey said:
Warmoth may have warranty concerns. You can drive a wood screw into anything, but machine screws into threaded inserts makes it possible to cross-thread the fastener, and while it's repairable, it's not something that could happen with the old-fashioned attachment mehod.

Some hack could inadvertently try to put metric into SAE or SAE into Metric & then think that they can blame it on Warmoth.  It's a Pandora's box in many ways.

Warmoth should include the screws with the neck when you choose the inserts to avoid this.

Yeah. I can also see this causing grief if the customer has a non-Warmoth body with the body holes just a tad off. I'd expect the regular holes to be just a bit more forgiving than the threaded inserts.

Back