Neck To Fit Warwick Corvette $$ Rockbass 4-String

jaxstarke99

Have an issue with my Chinese made Warwick Rockbass neck. Huge hump around the 14 fret and the neck is possibly twisted. I honestly don't even want to know. That bass has given me nothing but problems from day one. Anyway, Warwick wants to charge me $400 for a replacement neck. Seems a little steep for a bass that only cost $700. I was wondering if Warmoth makes any necks that would fit that particular bass? Thanks. :bass:

I took a brief look at a couple Warwick Rockbass bodies on ebay, and it does not appear they have a Fender-compatible pocket.  I think your best bet may be to wait for a neck to come up on ebay - there's a couple 5-string necks up there now at only $69, which is a damn sight better than the $400 Warwick would like to extract from you.

Yeah, I saw the 5 string necks on Ebay. It's a shame. The bass sounds great but having to keep the action high to get over the fretboard hump ruins the instrument.

With an unusual (non-Fender, that is) neck pocket and prohibitively high replacement cost, it may be easier and/or less expensive to have it re-fretted. That would generally involve resurfacing the fretboard anyway, which may resolve the neck hump issue. You could end up with better frets, too. Stainless vs. nickel/silver, for instance, or a different size/profile.

Trying to fudge a neck onto it that doesn't fit the neck pocket could be a possibly less than stellar operation not worth the time and effort.

Notice time and effort has a cost that often isn't measured. Perhaps just paying Warwick the replacement cost may be cheaper and more trouble free in the long run. It may have a warranty on the replacement neck and may even be German made rather than the original Chinese one. It may not but if it is you'll end up with a bargain.

Another possible alternative is Moses Graphite.

Back