neck through guitars

beserker said:
I'm in the midst of getting a Warmoth Soloist but a bolt on .. and I ask you guys can it still be called a Soloist?
why not call it dinky?

I was wondering the exact same thing...

T.L. said:
line6man said:
How does a bolt-on neck design like this compare to a set-neck or neck-through design?

bolts.jpg

The set-neck and through-neck are much nicer-looking...

Personally, i can't stand single cut instruments of any kind, but i am curious as to just how well a design like this works.

Death by Uberschall said:
Warmoth uses Soloist as a descriptor because of the larger horn cut outs for easier access to the higher register frets, for soloing.

Yes, but we all know it is a copy of a Jackson Soloist/Dinky body...just as their "Strat" body is an exact copy of the Fender Stratocaster body. Warmoth is licensed by Fender, and since Fender owns Jackson, Warmoth is licensed to make that body...

Neck through guitars:

I have owned a Gibson Firebird - neck through. A lot of sustain. LOL, made me sound good!

But FTW, you would find it hard to go past the Yamaha SG200 in production models. Loads of sustain, and they even have a brass plate put in for good measure. Pickups not too bad either, and the whole package is very playable (unlike the Firebird which is unbalanced - a bit of neck dive).

T.L. said:
Death by Uberschall said:
Warmoth uses Soloist as a descriptor because of the larger horn cut outs for easier access to the higher register frets, for soloing.

Yes, but we all know it is a copy of a Jackson Soloist/Dinky body...just as their "Strat" body is an exact copy of the Fender Stratocaster body. Warmoth is licensed by Fender, and since Fender owns Jackson, Warmoth is licensed to make that body...
Fender finally lost that lawsuit.  The headstocks are licensed, the bodies have no need to be.  They've been deemed legally generic.

Right, but my whole point was that the "Soloist" is obviously a Copy of a Jackson body style...  :glasses10:

Back