Neck through body does warmoth do this?

I built a guitar with a carvin neck , hand carved the body wings from billets of wood.  Long an tedious process but educational and I enjoyed it. It certainly has great sustain but took WAY longer to build.

ZGOZZ said:
Funky Phil said:
No...all Warmoth necks and bodies are bolt on.

That would be cool if the did a body so you could.

Not likely.  You're looking at all new tooling and setup for neck through bodies.  That's not a small amount of cash.

ZGOZZ said:
Neck through body does warmoth do this?

Excellent question.

IMO, neck-thru is way overated for everything but looks and fret access.  There may be sustain advantages, but is sustain really a problem?  Number of and magnetic strength of pickups effects that as much as anything.  When I think of fret access and sustain, shredders, speed demons, and tone chasers come to mind.  One problem though, the Malsteems, Satrianis, Vais, Johnsons, Petruccis, Batios, Morses, Lukathers of the world all play bolt-ons.  There are plenty of companies such as Carvin that offer neck-thru.  Warmoth doesn't, and that's not a detractor for most.

Another option.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bodies,_necks,_wood/Electric_guitar:_Necks/Through-body_Guitar_Neck.html

I agree with you Super Turbo, but half of your list don't let a note sustain for more than 0.01 second  :toothy12:

I would like if warmoth did neck-thru, because it looks cool and add a little more sustain, but I don't think they will do it because of what Warmoth wants to be: replacement parts builder. It's not to the ordinarie buyer a neck-thru project, isn't like just bolt the goddamn neck, if you mess up, many times has no coming back...

Stewmac do because they are a shop that sell things to luthiers, completely different...

NonsenseTele said:
I agree with you Super Turbo, but half of your list don't let a note sustain for more than 0.01 second  :toothy12:

True, but upper fret access is an advantage that you think those guys would appreciate.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
NonsenseTele said:

True, but upper fret access is an advantage that you think those guys would appreciate.

:icon_thumright:

Back