Neck screws, help

po_0784

(sorry for the bad english again, I speak french)

Just bought a fender reissue 62 body. The neck screws I got today float in the holes, is it something normal? It is weird since the neck screws of my 2 other guitars are exactly the same (Ibanez, Godin). The neck screw hole size in my body is 5mm. Is it normal that the neck screws float around the screw holes?

Also the screw hole pattern on my neck pocket is 5cm by 3,8cm (see picture). Is it the same on a warmoth neck? Im getting anxious about a possible unfit?!? I know the neck pocket is totally standard but will the screw holes line in with the one on my warmoth neck??? The hole on the outside corner of the pocket is 6mm from the the top and 6 mm from the side of the pocket. (see picture again...)

Am I in trouble?
Thanks for getting me less anxious!

PO Mérizzi

Something is getting lost in the translation I think...

I take it that you bought a Fender '62 RI body; what neck are you trying this with? What do you mean by "float"; that the screws continue to spin around and don't tighten?

I've installed Warmoth necks on 3 American Strats, no issues using either the original neck plate/screws or with Warmoth neck plate/screws on one that the guy wanted all the hardware changed out to gold on.

Hi,
    sorry, In stressful situations, my english is even worse  :help: . Actually, im thinking about ordering a warmoth neck and im wondering if its gonna fit. The neck screw holes on the BODY are 5mm. The screws I bought today are smaller but they are exactly the same as the one I got on my other guitars. By floating, I mean they dont stay in the hole at all, they fall to the floor... thats a bad thing right? (you want the screws to be tight in the neck as well as in the body?). Maybe the Fender RI 62 body is using bigger screws and maybe the neck got a different hole size/pattern?

PO Merizzi

Plz, tell me that my custom guitar project isn't dead already lol

The screws just go through the holes in Fender or Warmoth bodies, they only screw INTO the neck wood, this is normal. Not knowing where you got the screws, i would suggest just buying a set with the Warmoth neck to make sure you have the correct size/length, they're only a couple of bucks....

Back