Neck profile

thePRSlover

Hi, im not that familiar with the available neck profiles warmoth offers. But what can tell you is that I like my standard thin neck on my fender am standard however its just a little too thin. I have a Les Paul standard 2012 and I like to get a neck similar to that for a build I'm thinking of.

Measure the neck profile of your LP and compare it to the dimensions and profiles at the link below to see if there is one close to what you are looking for.

https://warmoth.com/guitar-neck-profiles

Other than that it is a subjective choice so it does not really mean anything if someone else prefers this or that etc.

I'm pretty sure the 12 LP standard is a 60's profile. It's to thin for me . The Gibson's 50's is nice but a little thick. Warmoth's 59 round back is just right . Not to thin and not a baseball bat .

Mx481james said:
I'm pretty sure the 12 LP standard is a 60's profile. It's to thin for me . The Gibson's 50's is nice but a little thick. Warmoth's 59 round back is just right . Not to thin and not a baseball bat .

And that is why it is subjective. The 59 profile I had was not for me, but the forum member who bought it really likes it.

Back