Neck inserts

B

back2thefutre

I wish neck inserts was an option from warmoth.They look really cool and handy.  :)

008_tele_neck.jpg

+4 what tfarny said plus most of us who buy from warmoth are the kind that are going to swap necks around so often that we run the risk of stripping out the neck holes.

I like the idea of inserts, and like the idea of W doing it - for the requisite upcharge (of course).

+1 I want a set but I don't have the tools to do it at home.

However easy or hard it may be, I buy Warmoth parts because I can't do stuff like that, i.e. I will never order a paddle head or body blank.

The (installed) inserts would be cool for me.  There's been a few times I've wanted to take a neck off but hesitated because there's only so many times I can do that.

Sherman, set the WayBack machine to the year 1792.  The breaking wheel being nixed by ol' Louis da'16th a year earlier, famed scofflaw and ne're do well, a certain M. Nicky Pelletier is brought in to try out a new neck insert device, the guillotine*.  After seeing the results, ol' Lou said, man I gotta have one of those things!  The moral being, be careful what ya wish for.

*its said that the guillotine was nothing more than a large copy of an early fish head remover, the Ronco "Gill-o-Matic, by Popiel, usually sold with the Popiel Pocket Fisherman, by Ronco.

I would prefer that ya'll buy them from me! That's from my eBay auction! :toothy10:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140362367727&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1123

I use them in all my Warmoth guitars now, after stripping out one screw hole with standard neck wood screws. I didn't want to pay $25 every time, like I did with the first set I bought. So, I ordered my own parts. I had to order them in bulk, 100 screws + 100 inserts. I'm only making a couple of bucks after paying for shipping, and after eBay and Paypal take there chunk.

If you send me a note saying that you are a member of this forum, I'll discount $2.00 off the price.

another +1 from me. would be great to prolong the life of the holes on the back of the neck. seems like it would make for a tighter and more stable connection too, right? i'm definitely all for the inserts.

Screws are good the first few times - especially if the holes are properly sized in the  body.  I'm thinking more in terms of vintage necks and truss rod adjustment. 

This would be a good option.

It's handy if you travel on a plane, or are a modder, or an unhappy DIY several time body finisher.  All the reasons you a like a bolt-on neck, this can only increase them.

=CB= said:
What are the inserts made out of.....? 

The inserts are made of zinc alloy die cast.
The screws are made of 18-8 stainless steel.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
However easy or hard it may be, I buy Warmoth parts because I can't do stuff like that, i.e. I will never order a paddle head or body blank.

The (installed) inserts would be cool for me.  There's been a few times I've wanted to take a neck off but hesitated because there's only so many times I can do that.
knucklehead G said:
+1 I want a set but I don't have the tools to do it at home.

Maybe, I should include a installation service? I don't mind installing them. If you send me your neck, pay for shipping, I will do it for $5. Can't see charging more, I think shipping both ways would be around $15-$20 depending on where you live. I live in SC, 29505. Let me know if anyone is interested.

=CB= said:
I'll pass.

If I may ask, why? I'm probably not going to sell anymore after this batch, its time consuming, and not very profitable.  But, I was just wondering what could make them better?

Back