Neck Explosion!

GuitarEC

Wow, all the sudden there was a HUGE number of necks that made their way to the showcase!!!  Allot of exotics as well!

I wonder if this means that orders placed are ready to get flushed out the door?

Eric "GuitarEC"

Wow, man, the title of this topic scared me!  I thought it was going to be a horror story about you neck exploding.  I have noticed the new showcase items.  I just keep saying to myself "Come on Santa, bring me those Warmoth gift certificates!!!"

Yea, sorry about that...  I realized the implications of my chosen topic right about 4 milliseconds after I hit "Post"...  :laughing8:

A couple of months ago we thought we should stock up the showcase for the holidays and we had a lot of wood to move so the wheel began turning back then. Now the necks and bodies are flooding in and the factory is pumping them out faster than we get them up on the website. There are some AMAZING necks that have just been listed. There's a light weight White Korina Warmoth tilt back with a Brazilian board that sounds like a HUGE Mariba when you ping it and it rings and rings. There's a Vintage Modern Strat Neck wth the best flame I have ever seen, it's perfect and intense. There's a Brazilian Rosewood boarded Tele Flame neck that'll probably be going up today with the nicest Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot).........UNreal I'm telling you. Necks you could not spec if you had to, they just have to be made before you know what you REALLY have and they just knock you over when you see them.

I had a chance to 'inspect' many of the tiltbacks in the last batch and the quality is through the roof!  Definitely check out WN590.  The flame is more intense than what you can see in the picture.  If you are one who believes in tap-testing, this neck is a heart stopper.  Seriously, if I'd had the money, this neck would have never seen the Showcase.

-Eric.

I see very little pau ferro boards, NO necks, and the pau ferro wood description has disppeared from the wood description page. Has Warmoth discontinued the use of pau ferro?
BB in SC

:eek:

HOLY CRAP THEY BETTER NOT HAVE!!!

I'm gettin' a pau ferro fingerboard on my neck I ordered a month ago!

Looking through the selection, one suggestion to Warmoth, STOP putting cream face dots on exotic wood necks. Am I crazy, or wouldn't everyone else here spring the extra $15 for MOP if you're buying an exotic?

jackthehack said:
Looking through the selection, one suggestion to Warmoth, STOP putting cream face dots on exotic wood necks. Am I crazy, or wouldn't everyone else here spring the extra $15 for MOP if you're buying an exotic?

Personally I would go for no dots at all, but if I was given the choice, I would definately go for pearl or abelone over cream.

...and the pau ferro wood description has disppeared from the wood description page.

THIS pau ferro wood description, on the "Neck Woods" page?

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/necks/necks.cfm?fuseaction=guitar_neckwoods

Don't DO that to me dude, I got a padouk/pau ferro fretless P-bass neck in the pipeline... boy I sure HOPE I do, now I have to hold my breath till I turn blue or I can call Spike Monday morning at 11:01 EST....

I found this in the showcase a couple of years ago. It was less than 200 bucks. Talk about a life changing moment :eek:

Attachments

• tn0002.JPG
    tn0002.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 286
  • n0010.JPG
    n0010.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 299
Like Schoompy uses to say:

"Envy is a 'goddamned' bitch"

This is beyond cool Willy, and you got it very very very cheap... I believe today it would cost around $500 at least...
What is tha body with that cute baby??

That's the neck of my infamous Telemaster hybrid. The first complete guitar I ever built from Warmoth parts. It was priced as birdseye/rosewood and I grabbed it quicksmart. You are probably right Nonsense, the really pretty ones seem to be getting up in price these days. I got real lucky with this one though, it looked real good in the the showcase but nothing compared with how it turned out when I had finished it. :toothy10:

jackthehack said:

I believe you are indeed crazy, I do agree with you on most things, and definately agree with you on the cream dots,

And while on the subject, if I wanted to change the dots to MOP how hard is it to get the old ones out? I'm sure a spot o glue will hold the new ones in.

Yeah, you're right Mr Alfang... would be hard to take out the dots, I think they would have to re-drill it... Can't remember another way to do it... anybody?

Back