Neck arriving today concern

Spud

So, I have a Warmoth neck being delivered today. I assume it was loaded on an unheated brown vehicle yesterday evening. It is currently 18 degrees F here. Upon arrival would I be wise to let it sit inside unopened to acclimate for 24 hours or something before I open? 9th Warmoth neck and never had it this cold for delivery before.

It can't hurt to let it acclimate. Though it might, not to do so, perhaps err on the side of caution.

I just have visions of it bowing when I bring it in ..............lol.

Just got this too!
Dear Spud, thank you for participating in our punch card program that we instituted back in 1989. As you are aware, the 10th neck is on us!! We thank you for taking this journey with us and look forward to receiving your order. Once again thank you to our most handsome and beloved customer.
Regards,
Aaron

That's only minus 7! It was -10 here yesterday and the wife and I still went in the hot tub.

the neck will be just fine.

Is the neck finished? If so, I would let it acclimate. Honestly, I err of the side of caution, so I would either way. My bodies and necks usually sit around for a couple of months after I've sprayed them before I wetsand and buff.

Aaron's right. I don't think it really matters, I wouldn't stick it in the sauna after coming in from a -30 truck but given how long it takes for me to get around to stuff, leaving it in the box protects it from other mayhem until you're ready to actually stick it on. Honestly, I think an hour or two is sufficient. At least until I get my own Youtube/Influencer channel and then I'll say provacative crap too. Drives viewer engagement ya know.

Is the neck finished? If so, I would let it acclimate. Honestly, I err of the side of caution, so I would either way. My bodies and necks usually sit around for a couple of months after I've sprayed them before I wetsand and buff
Unfinished doesn't even have a nut!

If it's brand new to me I give them 24 hours to warm and / or cool and/or acclimate to the humidity before anything. Just open the box and gaze upon it's goodness. After it's put together in the winter and she's going to an open Mic I open the case and let her sit for 5 min. Summer no waiting.

hehhehheh! I fret over this stuff. I have one of those heat sensing ray guns. I shoot the box ‘till I’m happy with the temp. Open the box quickly, shoot the product and close the box quickly until I decide that it might be okay to proceed.
Yep, a bit over the top on the anality side…

This was a guitar that I received from Sweetwater last winter. I believe the temperature was around the freezing point when I took delivery.
It was ~12 hours for the guitar...in a box...in a case.
I removed the case after 6`8 hours. I really didn't buy the temp gun for receiving guitars...HAH. I had been working on the are conditioning in the previous summer and in my impatience thought "HECK YEAH! That'll work!"

The box isn’t much of an insulator. Bring the box indoors, you might as well open it. Keep in mind there’s an excellent chance it was in the belly of a plane at 30k feet.

I just wouldn’t work on it to it acclimates to not only your temp, it your humidity.

The box isn’t much of an insulator. Bring the box indoors, you might as well open it. Keep in mind there’s an excellent chance it was in the belly of a plane at 30k feet.

I just wouldn’t work on it to it acclimates to not only your temp, it your humidity.
Puyallup to Seattle is not fly worthy.

Back