Natural Tele

wolf

Hey!
This is my third Warmoth and my first tele build : )

Is also the first time I do the finish myself...quite a challenge.

Body: Light Swamp Ash (3lb 10oz)
Neck: Flame maple (vintage construction)
Hardware: All nickel, bridge and control plate from ABM (made in Germany, impressive care to details stuff!), tuners are Fender vintage
Electronics: EMG Tele T Set (I do really love single coils from EMG)
Body finish: A base coat of shellac, then dark mahogany grain filler, shellac again, tru oil and wax
Neck finish: Light Brown + Amber dye, shellac, then tru oil and wax

As usual Warmoth quality is outstanding, this guitar is solid and very musical sounding, a pleasure to play.

GafI4WQl.jpg

eFA7r0Wl.jpg

nNHJJC7l.jpg

Nice one. The EMG Tele pickups are some of my favourite pickups (second only to the similarly-uncommon EMG 60AX) and I really have got to get a flame maple neck for myself sometime soon. I see that's a compensated nut, too, very nice; how do you find the combination of the compensated nut with the old style bridge saddles? I always find I need to use a six saddle bridge or a tune-o-matic to get the intonation bang-on with a compensated nut.

Very nice work.  An all-natural tele can be a joy to behold.  And it is, in this case, for certain.

Ace Flibble said:
Nice one. The EMG Tele pickups are some of my favourite pickups (second only to the similarly-uncommon EMG 60AX) and I really have got to get a flame maple neck for myself sometime soon. I see that's a compensated nut, too, very nice; how do you find the combination of the compensated nut with the old style bridge saddles? I always find I need to use a six saddle bridge or a tune-o-matic to get the intonation bang-on with a compensated nut.

I can definitively hear an improvement from the compensated nut!
The bridge saddles are old style but compensated, I didn't spend too much time on intonation since I still want
to do a leveling job.

Cannot compare with other bridges, this is my first compensated nut, so far I am liking it.
I find the overall intonation is quite good, past the 12th fret is more about making it sound musical rather than
making the chromatic tuner happy : )

Here a picture of the bridge:

h8kSphw.jpg

Well done it looks very good. natural ash takes some work.

It's also confirmed to me that I really need a maple fingerboard on the one I did.

Great Ape said:
Very tasty design-can't go wrong with that! Lovely neck...who makes that bridge?

Thanks,
the bridge is made by ABM
http://www.abm-mueller.com/index2.html

Thomann is selling it in Europe, they were so cool I was able to custom order the nickel control plate.
I think  All parts is selling ABM parts as well.

That turned out gorgeous.  Love the ash and flame maple combination, done naturally.  Very sweet.

very nice.  Great example of DIY finish done right.  Tele is likely my next task.  Thanks for the inspiration

:eek:ccasion14:  Very nice build.I still need to get back on my build.I'v been very busy here working on other thing's.I hope to get to order my body next.

Wow! Beautiful example of the breed. I would reach for that Tele if it were on a stand near me! Nicely done.

Back