NAD ie NewAmpDay - handwired Vox

Logrinn

I need to change my avatar, because I traded in my Victory RD1 for a new Vox AC15HW1.

156538491173003700_resized.jpg

While I was very happy with the Red Dwarf, I felt it excelled at more overdriven tones. And since I’ve started using and experimenting more and more with pedals I felt I needed something more cleanish as a pedal platform.
I’m actually surprised of all the tones I’m able to get out of it right out of the box. I’ve always thought of those as amps with more or less ”one sound”. Ie cleanish, jangly and slight breakup. But this has a whole bunch of tones. And I haven’t even gotten round to hooking both channels together yet. The sound options seem endless.  :icon_thumright:

Congratuatins on the new amp. You may have changed brands but you did stay with one that begins with "V".

Hey, how do you step on those pedals up on that shelf?

Rgand said:
Congratuatins on the new amp. You may have changed brands but you did stay with one that begins with "V".

I’ve actually just built a new pedal board since I grew out of my two last ones. I’m running the pedals on the pedal board in front of the amp, but then I also had a couple of always-on-pedals in the effect loop of the RD1. Since the Vox doesn’t have a loop and my new board is almost - but not quite - ready, I hooked some of my pedals that I used in the loop (hence their place on that shelf in the picture) in front of the new amp, while trying some sounds.
Some of those pedals might end up on the board as soon as I get it ready.

Logrinn said:
Rgand said:

I’ve actually just built a new pedal board since I grew out of my two last ones. I’m running the pedals on the pedal board in front of the amp, but then I also had a couple of always-on-pedals in the effect loop of the RD1. Since the Vox doesn’t have a loop and my new board is almost - but not quite - ready, I hooked some of my pedals that I used in the loop (hence their place on that shelf in the picture) in front of the new amp, while trying some sounds.
Some of those pedals might end up on the board as soon as I get it ready.
I feel really out of touch with only one fuzz pedal and a footswitch to change channels. :laughing11:

Congrats, I had the same amp for about three years. I loved the clean tone.

Thanks.
Yes, I’m enjoying the cleans and all the other sounds I’m able to wring out of this one.
Love it!

Back