My Warmoth Strat

I've taken every Warmoth neck to a luthier after receiving it. Not because of the frets, but because the nut slots are not cut deep enough. Not everybody here would agree that the pre-cut slots are insufficient, but I've found that it makes a HUGE difference, at least for me. Warmoth does an excellent fretting job, though. Haven't had to get any fret work done on any of my necks, and I've bought 6 of them.

llmstratocaster said:
I've taken every Warmoth neck to a luthier after receiving it. Not because of the frets, but because the nut slots are not cut deep enough. Not everybody here would agree that the pre-cut slots are insufficient, but I've found that it makes a HUGE difference, at least for me. Warmoth does an excellent fretting job, though. Haven't had to get any fret work done on any of my necks, and I've bought 6 of them.

They give you a little extra nut to work with. It's easier to remove material from the nut string slots than it is to add it back.  :icon_thumright:

Nice stat! was thinking of the same thing but ended up with a classic look for my strat.

Cheers

That's pretty good-looking. Interesting to opt not for a recessed Floyd route. I love the finish, though; that top is gorgeous. I bet it's got some serious chatoyance, like my Heritage's curly maple top. I'm a sucker, too, for burst finishes.

When I looked at the first post, I noticed a bunch of the images are broken and not displaying. I'll go back and refresh, but I just wanted to point it out.

Back