My W strats pickups.

-FenderMan-

My strat that I have being put together has a pickguard basically pulled from an american deluxe hss strat, so in the neck and middle I have the SCN-noiseless pickups, and in the bridge the DH-1 or atomic humbucker :rock-on:. Any comments?

Oh and in case anyone was wondering this is the guitar my pickguard came from (the montego black one). http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0101500764 :rock-on:

Personally I hated the SCN pickups... I didn't find them very "Strat like" at all...

Ya i've hheard a few people say that so I'm thinking about putting the crunchbox in the bridge dh-1 in the neck and muy grande strat in the middle but i dont know

What are you after tonewise?  The crunchbox is quite a departure from the DH-1.

As far as what you have now though.  Rather than taking out the DH-1....IMO that's not a bad sounding pickguard as is, and if its still got the S-1 then its resale is better as a complete unit on ebay to fund the new pups.

What about a cool rails in the neck?  It is good for the harder stuff but still cleans up nice.  You could split it with the middle PU in the 4 position to give you more quack.

So I'll consider the cool rails For neck but what about the hot rails? would they be a little better or do they have a way different sound?

-FenderMan- said:
So I'll consider the cool rails For neck but what about the hot rails? would they be a little better or do they have a way different sound?

I've built a Strat around the rails series:  hot rails bridge, vintage rails middle, and cool rail neck.  I think you'd like the hot rails for metalesque stuff, but it doesn't sound like a Strat pickup by any means.  Hope that helps.

-FenderMan- said:

Hot rails is a great pickup.  I have it in the bridge position on one of my guitars and it has a nice growl to it.  It would probably be great in the neck position for metal but I'm not sure how it would clean up.  From what you listed as music styles, you might not want to clean up that much anyway.

Back