My VIP and How a Warmoth Box looks unopened and how it's packed.

I was like the man who stares at goats except it was guitars,  on the left a guitar with an ebony fret board, no inlays and gold frets, on the right a guitar with stainless frets and a rosewood fret board which I imagined was bloodwood.  In the middle my new body.  Trying to decide which looked better, which was necessary, which harmonized.... gold or stainless frets .... stainless or gold  .... I stared  for half an hour .  .. stainless won.  First I love how they feel, second gold was not that different, the stainless will harmonize better with the pearloid inlays ... then the guitar fell over!

Not really. :icon_jokercolor:

Opened the neck box last night (which arrived the same day as my pups which came directly from DiMarzio). 

Everything looks perfect! 

I have to say, one of the best binding jobs I've ever seen my life.  Wow!
The indian rosewood feels magnificent, and the blood wood has a slight ribbon figure with chatoyance.  (Why isn't bloodwood more popular?)  The diamond inlays are gorgeous.

Very nicely done warmoth, thank you.

I can't wait to string it up!  :bananaguitar:

I'll do more pics when I can, over in the build thread.

I figured that the stamped 10-16 is the radius, the handwritten numbers are the neck width, and the kinds of frets, and the WT must stand for white tusq nut.

... does the 899 mean that it was the 899th guitar neck ordered in 2021?  That would mean Warmoth is making like 27 necks a day.  The alternative thing it could mean is that a wolfgang profile is 899. 

Anyway ... very happy.  Thank you.

Attachments

• vip neck box closed.jpg
    vip neck box closed.jpg
    725.5 KB · Views: 150
  • vip neck box.jpg
    vip neck box.jpg
    779.9 KB · Views: 139
  • vip neck writing.jpg
    vip neck writing.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 152
  • vip neck stamp.jpg
    vip neck stamp.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 147
  • vip neck binding.jpg
    vip neck binding.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 155
  • vip neck front.jpg
    vip neck front.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 171
  • vip parts.jpg
    vip parts.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 151
  • vip pups.jpg
    vip pups.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 150
whoa that BW (bloodwood) looks great

i never thought much about it, but yeah i assume the number is a tracking number of some sort. but do you really think they make an entire neck in 1 day? that seems unlikely

Back