My ultimate tele.

DangerousR6

Mythical Status
I think this would be bad ass......Kinda my spin on the Jackson tele... 'cept I'd have 5 single coil EMG's..... :headbang1:

2397962684_b4280f0c33.jpg

2397128775_8be3a46be0.jpg

5 pickups? 5 EMG pickups? 5 pickups that, sure, sound great and all that, but can't be run in series or coil split or anything? I'm dying to hear your reasoning, because you're blowing my mind.

I really think you should fill that extra gap with 2 more SC pickups. Why stop now?  :toothy10:

Reminds me of the later Spinal Tap guitars and basses.

But hey, if it's what you want, you should do it!

With the wood colors and black it still looks decent.

neilium said:
5 pickups? 5 EMG pickups? 5 pickups that, sure, sound great and all that, but can't be run in series or coil split or anything? I'm dying to hear your reasoning, because you're blowing my mind.
Because I want to......There's a way to do it I just haven't figured out how yet......but I will...... :toothy11:

myramyd said:
I really think you should fill that extra gap with 2 more SC pickups. Why stop now?  :toothy10:

Reminds me of the later Spinal Tap guitars and basses.

But hey, if it's what you want, you should do it!

With the wood colors and black it still looks decent.
Nigel is where I sorta got the idea.....And also looking at a PRS 513...And kaboooooom it hit me like a bomb...... :guitarplayer2:

That brings up a question I have wandered about for a while... If running two single coils in series boosts output (ala humbucker), then would running 3 coils in series boost the output still further?

WooooooW! i love it, its crazy, just blew my load.  :icon_thumright:

If his guitar can have 4 hums, I can have 5 singles.......

If I owned that guitar I'd have to shave it's backside and teach it to play backwwards.

Brian

chuck7 said:
That brings up a question I have wandered about for a while... If running two single coils in series boosts output (ala humbucker), then would running 3 coils in series boost the output still further?
well yes but it would hum a bit. it still would have less inductence than some humbuckers but a lot of dc resistence, i think it would be in the realm of things you could do without problems. and it would be loud! i thought about doing it on a strat using a supper switch but decided against it. i may reevaluate it though.

I spoke with a tech from EMG and he said basically what I had in mind. To wire the 3 bridge pups like a strat, and have the 2 neck pups on seperate mini toggles.... :cool01: :party07:

Didnt Andy Summers play a Hamer years ago (I think it was called Phantom) with 3 single coils ? Sure looks cool :) !!!

Hamer Phantom: triple coil in the bridge, single in the neck. I had one; it sucked so bad light bent around it.

The Hamer had 3 singles at the bridge.

http://www.karl-friedrich-rupp.de/db_Hamer_Phantom_A51.jpg

neilium said:
Hamer Phantom: triple coil in the bridge, single in the neck. I had one; it sucked so bad light bent around it.

:toothy10:  :laughing11:  :laughing3:

But seriously, if you're going to have that many pickups, they better have low field strength magnets. Otherwise all of that magnetic energy will kill your sustain.

Back