My ultimate tele.

MDVermette said:
neilium said:
Hamer Phantom: triple coil in the bridge, single in the neck. I had one; it sucked so bad light bent around it.

:toothy10:  :laughing11:  :laughing3:

But seriously, if you're going to have that many pickups, they better have low field strength magnets. Otherwise all of that magnetic energy will kill your sustain.
isn't the magneticizm what creates the sustain?

DangerousR6 said:
isn't the magneticizm what creates the sustain?

No, the magnetic field creates drag. (EDIT: or I guess I should say the force pulling on the strings dampens the vibrations)  I don't think the active EMG pickups have a very strong magnets though.  Now I'm curious.

See also: stratitis. The pull from fender-style single coil pickups can screw up intonation and cause discordant overtones if they are set too close to the strings. It is my (mis?)understanding that P-90's and pickups that have steel polepieces and a bar magnet (like garden-variety humbuckers) don't cause the same problems because the magnetic field is spread out. The instructions that come with EMG's say get them as close to the strings as you can and back them off as a sort of balance control. My experience with EMG's is that they sound the same up high or screwed all the way down (just quieter). The question is, do you like that sound?

Saw this and it made me think of this topic:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Warmoth-Tele-Telecaster-Walnut-Duncan-Dimarzio-Floyd_W0QQitemZ290224618826QQihZ019QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

375 is not bad for a walnut warmoth tele with free shipping! wouldn't take that much to route for a third sc..

m4rk0 said:
Saw this and it made me think of this topic:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Warmoth-Tele-Telecaster-Walnut-Duncan-Dimarzio-Floyd_W0QQitemZ290224618826QQihZ019QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

375 is not bad for a walnut warmoth tele with free shipping! wouldn't take that much to route for a third sc..
That's pretty close.......just needs mor pup's.... :laughing7:

I'm kinda diggin' this one......It's a Warmoth too.....
805c_12.JPG

tfarny said:
THAT is a nice body!!!! Is that from ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Warmoth-Tele-Telecaster-1-piece-Mahogany-body-trem-p-90_W0QQitemZ300217976986QQihZ020QQcategoryZ41406QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

DangerousR6 said:
I'm kinda diggin' this one......It's a Warmoth too.....
805c_12.JPG

Funny, it had been a while since I last looked for Warmoth stuff on Ebay.  I just went browsing last night and I happened to see that Tele body.  First, I didn't think Warmoth does middle P90 routes.  I would prefer a hard tail bridge and a standard Tele control layout, but I still think it would be a cool build.  I wont stop salivating a over a Tele w/ P90s until I build one (and now Guitlouie has got me thinking Thinline).  :) 

Some great stuff there right now. Check out that flame korina jazz bass for 625 and free shipping, and the mahog thinline that's about to go very cheap.

Back