My reverse jazz-5. It's here!!...kinda...

manndreas

I'm just in the door from getting the neck straight of the truck! For some reason the body has not arrived yet. :( I guess UPS didn't feel like sending both packages on the same truck :b

Anyways. The neck looks f**** awesome!! I was hoping to get a piece of ziricote with some nice lines in it, and I'm NOT disappointed!  :cool01:
The wait for the rest of the parts is now killing me! I can't wait to get the body and start on the remaining woodwork.

Here's a bad cellphone pic of the neck. Sorry, I don't own a "proper" camera.

That is really nice..
that reminds me I should maybe go for an all ziticot neck on my next project... (what I really always wanted to do ever since I saw TT's Strat!!!)

Yeah you should definitely consider ziricote for your next project. It looks awesom-o in person :icon_smile:

And the wenge back! As I only have the neck right now I obviously haven't tried playing with it, but I can safely say I'm never buying a finished neck ever again. And I strongly consider replacing the neck on my Fender P with something similar! (Well, that might also have something to do with me not liking the combination of maple/rosewood. One color per instrument part is enough for me :icon_tongue:)

Thanks for the nice comments! :glasses9:

Body & hardware arrived today!!

The body looks amazing.I tried fitting the neck, aligning the bridge, neckplate, tuners, everything fits like a glove :)
Now I only need to route the control cavity, and since NonsenseTele informed me that the Nordstrands might be a bit bigger than the Basslines MM pickups, I'll wait for the pickup to arrive, so I can make sure it fits before I start finishing.
My only problem is that this bass is slightly shorter than my other 5-stringers. I had some graphic ideas that won't fit because of it, so I have to rethink (again!) what I'm gonna do on that front. Not a big problem though, and I can't fault Warmoth because I just assumed it would be like some other bass :icon_tongue:

Here's a pic of the bass. Stunning work! I can't even see the glue line on the front of the bass, unlike a cheapo Ibanez I'm refinishing at the moment. That bass looked like my parents hard wood floor without the paint.
I wouldn't have any problem with clearcoating this and just go with the natural look, but since I already have a natural swamp ash bass, I'm not gonna :laughing11:

That neck looks sick! I've always loved the "tele" style headstock shape and the wenge/ziricote looks amazing. Can't wait to see it all finished.

-Joe

Tele headstocks are the best looking of the fender heads for sure. Maybe except for those huge heads from the 60's(?)  :)

The body is getting primed as we speak. The pores swallowed an insane amount of primer, but I'm starting to get it flat now (on my third can!!). :icon_tongue:
I'll upload some more pics once I've gotten the black paint on. Probably in my thread in the Work in Progress part of the forum. :)
Hopefully I'll have it ready before the gig on Saturday, since I'm using fast drying Alkyd paint.

The only thing left once the finish is done, is to shield the cavities and hook the pickup up to the 3-way Series/split/parallel switch and from that to the pre-wired Aguilar OBP-3 preamp.

Hehe. I've been locked up in the garage for three days straight trying to get it done :icon_tongue: I just hope the primer will dry soon enough so I can start on the actual finish. If it can dry overnight, I'll get the rest done tomorrow. If not, the gig on Saturday will be the worst one in my life, since I know the bass I WANT to play, is home in parts :icon_biggrin:

manndreas said:
I'm just in the door from getting the neck straight of the truck! For some reason the body has not arrived yet. :( I guess UPS didn't feel like sending both packages on the same truck :b

Anyways. The neck looks f**** awesome!! I was hoping to get a piece of ziricote with some nice lines in it, and I'm NOT disappointed!  :cool01:
The wait for the rest of the parts is now killing me! I can't wait to get the body and start on the remaining woodwork.

Here's a bad cellphone pic of the neck. Sorry, I don't own a "proper" camera.

Oooolalaaaaa !!! That ziricote fretboard looks like the one I chose...But I ask to put inlays, bad idea, really bad idea...

Back