I've been rethinking and here's what I've come up with. I am focusing on classic styling, simplicity (with at least one exotic wood), and versatility.
- Alder Strat body, quality flame maple top, and tobacco bust finish (I.E., http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=1&itemNumber=PS1801&menuItem=1&subMenuItem=2&subMenuItem2=0&bodyWood_filter=2&controlRout_filter=1&finish_filter=54)
- Vintage Modern canary/ebony neck /w pearl inlays and 6105 frets (hmm... unfinished or gloss nitro finish?)
- Vintage Tremolo (probably Callaham)
- White pearl pickgaurd, nickel/chrome hardware, and white pickups/knobs
- Lace Hot Gold pickups (dually neck, middle, and dually bridge).
- 5 way switch /w standard Strat wiring
- Push-pull pot on first tone control will shut bridge to single coil when pulled
- Push-pull pot on second tone control will de-shunt neck to humbucking when pulled