My project..

I decided to go with black/white/black- pickguard. Also ordered black jackplate
and black cover for bridge.

Valley.jpg

Looks cool so far. I like the understated look you got goin' on.

And yeah, the Back Plate or Trem Cover or whatever is just to cover where the springs are. Usually on Floyded guits its just solid piece. No string access holes, am I right, friend?

Sweet guit!

Thanks guys!. In my own language it is called "takalevy" and it pretty much means "back plate"  :icon_smile:
...and that my frieds is also black!. :glasses10:

Yes i have a spesific model in my head and i'm building it as i have dreamed it..
..last week i actually purhased a set of original chrome Valley Arts tuners for it..lucky me,
still waiting those to arrive. Used but perfect for this project.

rapfohl09 said:
Im glad you dyed the routs black!

The wood underneath was blinding me  :eek:  :laughing7:

I hear you!... It's 2mm thick black foam padding with adhesive peel and stick backing i found from a Evilbay.
Worked really well.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Tonto said:
Also ordered black jackplate

As detail oriented as you are, why a black jack plate?  The rest of your hardware is chrome.

With black pickguard black one is not so aggressive to eye. But for example black
Floyd would have been "too much", if you know what i mean..i'm looking for certain harmony.  :icon_smile:

Almost there  :icon_biggrin:. Need to replace all the frets and do the adjustment and all, but that is Luthiers job to do.
So far i'm really happy how it looks, too bad the pictures were taken with cell phone  :(, much more shinyer in real life.
Takes a while until i'll hear the sound of it..oh well..such is life  :glasses10:

05112009349.jpg

05112009348.jpg

05112009350.jpg

Great choice, that pickboard. Looks very classy. And the mix of black and chrome hardware is unusual but I absolutely love it!

GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS  :hello2: :hello2:

Back