My project..

Tonto

Hi all  :)!!

I received a package from Warmoth today. I'm finally able to start my project i've always
wanted to do..well at least since i was 16 years old, now i am 34yo.  :icon_smile:!
I will change the pickquard to black one, after that i think it will look so perfect for me.

13102009293.jpg

13102009289.jpg

13102009296.jpg

Sweet, EMG's and a Floyd....Love it, BTW, I think it looks just fine with the PG  you have on it... :headbang1:

Looks very cool! think you should put a Pearloid or 1-ply white pickguard, would be ace!
You cut the headstock in this shape??

Why Tonto? Is this your real name?? Where are you?

Thank you guys!!

The neck is actually an old original Valley Arts neck from 1987 and manufactured by Warmoth of course.
Thank you for the tips, i did liked your ideas very much  :icon_smile:!!.

Tonto is pretty much my nickname and i live in Finland. Greetings to all  :icon_smile:

Tonto said:
Tonto is pretty much my nickname and i live in Finland. Greetings to all  :icon_smile:

Great, the meaning of "tonto" in portuguese probably is very different than in Finn :laughing7:
Grettins from Brazil!

The black pearl guard is Waaaaaaaay better.

And Welcome to Warmoth  :icon_thumright:

NonsenseTele said:
Tonto said:
Tonto is pretty much my nickname and i live in Finland. Greetings to all  :icon_smile:

Great, the meaning of "tonto" in portuguese probably is very different than in Finn :laughing7:
Grettins from Brazil!

Hah hah..i think i know what you mean  :laughing7:!. In here it doesn't really have a meaning, it only means:
"Guy with a great axe..i mean soon will have anyway"  :icon_biggrin:

Thank you so much for welcoming me here!!

:D

PS: now I saw the pic with white pickguard and I think it look the best!
I saw some blue strat with black pickguard and didn't like it very much, but it's very personal taste...

GearBoxTy said:
Is this a sort of Steve Lukather tribute build?  I want to do one of those...

You are right about that. This is kind of my tribute to his "Robot"-guitar.
It is my favourite guitar of all time and i've always wanted my version of it.

Blac on seems to get more votes here  :icon_smile:

The black pearloid looks more "custom", and white pickguards always work on strats. I'd say you can't go wrong.

jay4321 said:
The black pearloid looks more "custom", and white pickguards always work on strats. I'd say you can't go wrong.
I always think late 80s/early 90s when I see black pearloid or tort on solid finishes like this.

Back