my nut fell off D:

jonn

uhh well my nut on my silvertone revolver (looks like a strat) fell of while i was putting a fresh set of strings on it and i was wondering wether of not i can glue it back on or if i should buy a new nut or what?

its not a big issue as the guitar was going to be out of comission for a while considering i was gonna put some new pickups on it but i just dont kno if it is a serious problem or not :/

take sand paper to the old glue, and rough up the bottom of the nut a bit and the pocket, be very carefull not to take off material. and super glue it back in.
It happens, if the nut did not break, all is ok

Jusatele said:
take sand paper to the old glue, and rough up the bottom of the nut a bit and the pocket, be very carefull not to take off material. and super glue it back in.
It happens, if the nut did not break, all is ok

Ive read to actually not use superglue as it makes it a bitch to replace later.  Plain old Elmers Wood glue should work fine after removing the old glue with sand paper and cleaning up the area.  The pressure of the strings will hold it in place until the glue hardens.  But use what you feel comfortable with.

Jonn said:
uhh well my nut on my silvertone revolver (looks like a strat) fell of while i was putting a fresh set of strings on it and i was wondering wether of not i can glue it back on or if i should buy a new nut or what?

its not a big issue as the guitar was going to be out of comission for a while considering i was gonna put some new pickups on it but i just dont kno if it is a serious problem or not :/

That's bad dude. Might want to see a doctor about that. (sorry couldn't help my self)

Seriously, I find the best thing to use a bit of good old wood glue. It's also what GraphTech recommended on their instructions for pre-cut TUSQ XL nuts

Your what in the what now felll off :icon_jokercolor:

I'm sorry to hear that you bust a nut.

(I'm also sorry that I have nothing worthwhile to add, but I couldn't resist)

Sorry.

back2thefutre said:
Your what in the what now felll off :icon_jokercolor:
Panthur said:
I'm sorry to hear that you bust a nut.

(I'm also sorry that I have nothing worthwhile to add, but I couldn't resist)

Sorry.

lol "hey u some kinda wise guy?" :laughing7:

"busting a nut" is considered a good thing, usually. Having one fall off is cause for alarm, certainly.

I'm getting my nut(s) cut next month...a little elmers glue and sandpaper you say? I'll keep it under advisement :)

aaaand things go downhill faster than Jack and Jill. Welcome to the Warmoth forum, John. Get used to this kind of stuff  :icon_thumright:

I think the general advise when various appendages fall off is to keep them well iced and take them to a professional ASAP.

Back