My new "Holy Grail" of Stratdom...

jackthehack

Epic Member
Rewiring this setup in the Parts'O'Caster I'm putting together, had tested these pickups in other axes and the net effect overall is completely killer!

Neck PU - Rio Grande Vintage Tallboy
Middle PU - Rio Grande Half Breed
Bridge PU - SD JBJr. bridge

It's wired straight with a .050 ceramic cap, with the exception of the JBJr., extra toggle is wired to split it (normal mode with the Rio Grande SCs) or put into parallel or series HB mode (Turbo mode). Not the cleanest wiring job, but a lot going on in a tight space.

The RGs give great vintage tone with added balls, the JBJr in split mode works well with them as a single coil bridge PU, in Turbo mode it just flat out screams. Will maybe get the rest of the build finished and posted later....

HGfront.jpg

HGback.jpg

Blue313 said:
Hmm interesting.  I was looking at the Tallboy/Halfbreed/MG set just yesterday.

The Dual Calibrated is a real decent set, put a set into a American Std. for this guy this summer and he's gotten a number of other people turned onto them as well.

The SD JBJr. bridge PU will output as well as the MG, and gives you the versatility to really kick it up a notch when required.

Looks nice, RG is now selling this:
"Railgunner

A badass mutha'gunna for the bridge position of your Strat. Designed to have similar characteristics to our BBQ Bucker but redefined for Strat applications. A versatile pickup though, and not limited to Strats only....not even...! Wired 4-conductor....will actually split quite nicely......quack quack..."

Will you try?

NonsenseTele said:
Looks nice, RG is now selling this:
"Railgunner

A badass mutha'gunna for the bridge position of your Strat. Designed to have similar characteristics to our BBQ Bucker but redefined for Strat applications. A versatile pickup though, and not limited to Strats only....not even...! Wired 4-conductor....will actually split quite nicely......quack quack..."

Will you try?

Sooner or later you know I will...

DocNrock said:
Interesting, Jack.  Does it sound Strat-like?

Very much so, except when in turbo mode on the JBJr. The neck/middle RGs sound typically vintage but with more balls. I like the sound of the JBJr. in single coil split mode better than your typical Strat bridge pickup, not as treblely and a bit thicker sound. The guitar that went into is here:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=6166.0

jackthehack said:
DocNrock said:
Interesting, Jack.  Does it sound Strat-like?

Very much so, except when in turbo mode on the JBJr. The neck/middle RGs sound typically vintage but with more balls. I like the sound of the JBJr. in single coil split mode better than your typical Strat bridge pickup, not as treblely and a bit thicker sound. The guitar that went into is here:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=6166.0

Ah yes, I saw that one.  Another nice Parts-O-Caster.

Back