My new album "Right Side Jacked" hits iTunes, Spotify, etc on 6/8!!

Still not on iTunes (Not your fault, I experienced the same when published my band, iTunes was late to the party).

Can't wait to give a proper listen.

NedRyerson said:
The mix is great.  Every part has breathing room and is so distinct and articulated yet nothing overpowers another part.  I can hear each instrument, each vocal part, every lick, every riff clearly.  There have been big name pros who've released albums that didn't sound this good (and with their history, they should've known better, but given the nature of this forum & its public visibility, I won't name names out of respect for Aaron & Warmoth).

The main riff on "As One" is absolutely bad-ass.  I love it.

The bass in "Island in the Sky" is just pure groove.  I caught myself doing the head-bob at the 4:30 mark.  The guitar riff has a bit of a Savatage feel.

Actually, now that I say that, some of these songs would not sound out of place on a pre-TSO Savatage album.  "All That Remains" could easily be on Streets. I could feel some Criss Oliva in there.

As I kept listening to each track, I feel like I could I could pick out some significant and distinct influences. Whether it was in vocal style or instrumentation, I felt some Sabbath, Judas Priest, Bon Jovi, the aforementioned Savatage.....

So when Aaron said this was the album he wanted to record at 16, I feel it hard in my soul. :)

Great work, dude!

Wow....thanks! Really appreciate the kind words!

Jebberz said:
Still not on iTunes (Not your fault, I experienced the same when published my band, iTunes was late to the party).

Can't wait to give a proper listen.

I know....it's weird that iTunes is tardy. Please let me know once you see it there.

Okay, not to livetweet the whole thing, but on track no. 2, Last Stop to Eternity, I am overcome by the awesomeness of the bass and kick-drum being so perfectly locked in.

Also, great guitar tones, and an authentic metal voice, Aaron.  I'm really digging the vocals.  Your vibrato is spot-on for minor-key metal, and your vocal fry is legit, not poseur bullshiznit.  And as Burn for Today gets going, I confirm it's not just the prior track.  You can sing, son!

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
I’d be interested to hear more about the cover art too.

I did the lettering. The picture of the bike is just a royalty-free photo I found, then tweaked to look darker/more sinister.

FYI- pandora is causing and error when I search for you as an artist, but comes up when I search for the album.

Good job!

You've got a heck of a band. :glasses10: :headbang: lol.

After getting a chance to listen to the whole album in two sittings I must say I really enjoyed it.  And I will listen to it again. At times I was reminded of Judas Priest and various other things, but nothing that stood out as derivative. Good clarity between the instruments as pointed out before, playing, writing and execution vocally and guitar wise. 

Good job all round Aaron from a former 80s guitarist. :eek:ccasion14:

stratamania said:
After getting a chance to listen to the whole album in two sittings I must say I really enjoyed it.  And I will listen to it again. At times I was reminded of Judas Priest and various other things, but nothing that stood out as derivative. Good clarity between the instruments as pointed out before, playing, writing and execution vocally and guitar wise. 

Good job all round Aaron from a former 80s guitarist. :eek:ccasion14:

Thanks, I appreciate it!

My favorite is She knows a secret, sort of Eagle-y.  The Speed of Lead is a lot of fun.  Excellent Album! 

rick2 said:
My favorite is She knows a secret, sort of Eagle-y.  The Speed of Lead is a lot of fun.  Excellent Album!

I am finding it interesting to hear what comparisons people draw to these songs. They are often so different from where my mind was when writing them!

Thank-you for listening!

Artist commentary: putting those two songs back-to-back was intentional. The same story from two different POV's.

Hello Aaron,

Just to let you know, still not available in iTunes....

I gave the entire album a quick listen through Youtube, so far I really like it :)

Jebberz said:
Hello Aaron,

Just to let you know, still not available in iTunes....

I gave the entire album a quick listen through Youtube, so far I really like it :)

Thanks for listening Jebberz!

And thanks for the heads up on iTunes. I don't know what their deal is or why it's taking so long. It's up everywhere else: Spotify, Amazon, YouTube, etc. but not iTunes. I'll have to look into it this week.

But thanks again for listening!

Aaron Cheney stan right here, kids.

index.php

Attachments

• 2022-06-29_10-10-34.jpg
    2022-06-29_10-10-34.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 141
Officially purchased the album.  Heading back out to my country house tomorrow, so it'll be perfect "road trip" tunes!

NedRyerson said:
Officially purchased the album.  Heading back out to my country house tomorrow, so it'll be perfect "road trip" tunes!
Be careful out in the sticks ! There may be orcs about!!!

NedRyerson said:

Wow....thanks NR! I told my mom a career in music was going to work out!!!  :headbang:

But seriously, thanks to you (and everyone who has taken the time to listen and post.)

Back