My new album "Right Side Jacked" hits iTunes, Spotify, etc on 6/8!!

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
This is the album I wanted to make when I was 16. Ten hard rock/metal songs that evoke the glory that was the 80's.If you're into it, please check it out next Wednesday and let me know what you think:

index.php

Aren't you too busy schmoozing at NAMM to be posting?

Oh yea - nice album!

cool lookin artwork. bold move to make every song in 6/8 ts (short for time signature) but i gotta #respect it

Mayfly said:
Aren't you too busy schmoozing at NAMM to be posting?

Oh yea - nice album!

Naaaw.....didn't go this year. In the winter it's easier but in the summer my gig schedule is too busy.

BroccoliRob said:
cool lookin artwork. bold move to make every song in 6/8 ts (short for time signature) but i gotta #respect it

Haha! None in 6/8, but there is one in a swinging 3/4 time. Kind of a Manic Depression feel.

Well AA,

There’s next year goal. An album released on 6/8 where all the songs are in 6/8.

Figured you to be too busy to release something on 7/8 where they were all in 7/8. LOL

The difference between in and on is so important.  Still pretty funny Rob.

Ohhhhhhhh, You big time recording star now Huh ?...Oh,.......... OK Cool Congrat's Sir............. :rock-on: :rock-on:

PhilHill said:
Ohhhhhhhh, You big time recording star now Huh ?...Oh,.......... OK Cool Congrat's Sir............. :rock-on: :rock-on:

Well, not exactly. :)

Here is the credit list:

Songs written and arranged by: Aaron Cheney
Rhythm and Lead Guitars: Aaron Cheney
Bass: Aaron Cheney
Vocals: Aaron Cheney
Background vocals: Aaron Cheney
Keyboards: Aaron Cheney
Drums: Andrei Ilie, a guy Aaron Cheney hired from Fiverr

Recorded at: Aaron Cheney's house
Mixed by: Aaron Cheney
Cover design: Aaron Cheney

All this to say: if this thing sucks it's the drummer's fault.

Not yet on iTunes, but gave a listen through Youtube, nice album with a very cool '80's vibe. Sounds nice and reminds me of the time when I was young and still had hair on my head  :headbang:

Jebberz said:
Not yet on iTunes, but gave a listen through Youtube, nice album with a very cool '80's vibe. Sounds nice and reminds me of the time when I was young and still had hair on my head  :headbang:

Haha....yep. This was the album I wanted to make when I was 16. It's basically a love-letter to all the bands that influenced me from that time.

Thanks for listening Jebberz!

Let Me get this straight now, apparently I missed it. They recorded actual music in the Eighties!........... :icon_jokercolor: :icon_thumright:

Did I hear a little Jake E Lee style rhythm part in there?! (All that remains).. :icon_thumright:

rick2 said:
The difference between in and on is so important.  Still pretty funny Rob.

well, some ppl say "waiting on line" and some say "waiting in line" so the two are sometimes interchangeable

next thing you'll be telling me not to call him Jonathan Dollars. it just feel more #respectful than "jonny cash"

Spud said:
Did I hear a little Jake E Lee style rhythm part in there?! (All that remains).. :icon_thumright:

Pssh....there are nods to things all over the album. My influences are front and center on my sleeve like a dang merit badge.

The mix is great.  Every part has breathing room and is so distinct and articulated yet nothing overpowers another part.  I can hear each instrument, each vocal part, every lick, every riff clearly.  There have been big name pros who've released albums that didn't sound this good (and with their history, they should've known better, but given the nature of this forum & its public visibility, I won't name names out of respect for Aaron & Warmoth).

The main riff on "As One" is absolutely bad-ass.  I love it.

The bass in "Island in the Sky" is just pure groove.  I caught myself doing the head-bob at the 4:30 mark.  The guitar riff has a bit of a Savatage feel.

Actually, now that I say that, some of these songs would not sound out of place on a pre-TSO Savatage album.  "All That Remains" could easily be on Streets. I could feel some Criss Oliva in there.

As I kept listening to each track, I feel like I could I could pick out some significant and distinct influences. Whether it was in vocal style or instrumentation, I felt some Sabbath, Judas Priest, Bon Jovi, the aforementioned Savatage.....

So when Aaron said this was the album he wanted to record at 16, I feel it hard in my soul. :)

Great work, dude!

I have not had a chance to listen to it all yet. But in the meantime I made a YouTube playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXCMMOOVVdB7dOCN6_STzzYF6c0EXfkxy

Back