my neck got sent to Thailand

rahimiiii

Come on, guys, why is it (over and over again) people confuse Taiwan with Thailand? I mean both countries are totally different! Thailand is still a backwater third world country and Taiwan is comparable to the USA in terms of human rights/economic ability and stuff. So now that my neck's in Thailand probably won't be getting it anytime soon... I don't know what to do except maybe file for a dispute with my credit card company...

Americans are REALLY stoopid especially when it comes to geography, at least they got the continent right...

jackthehack said:
Americans are REALLY stoopid especially when it comes to geography, at least they got the continent right...

Should I request a refund? I checked the thailand post office's tracking site and it shows "accept" so someone probably took it in. I mean I have done countless orders with Warmoth and they never sent stuff to Thailand by mistake so I don't know what is going on here.

I would suggest you contact Warmoth about the situation and work with them directly for a resolution.

Have you spoken/corresponded with Warmoth about the problem and see what they suggest?

I'm in Australia, and would be a bit miffed if I bought something - anything! - from overseas that ended up being posted to Austria, so I can understand your annoyance.

If someone in Thailand has taken delivery of your neck, maybe there's some compensation that Warmoth could get for the mistake.

The package may have been addressed to Taiwan, but written in English. And if it stopped over in Thailand on the way to Taiwan maybe someone - who couldn't read English very well (happens a lot in those parts of Asia) - misread it for Thailand and sent it out for local delivery???? Or maybe Warmoth wrongly addressed the package as you suggest? Until you get to see the package, you wouldn't know.

Gregg said:
I would suggest you contact Warmoth about the situation and work with them directly for a resolution.

I emailed them, but it will be a while before I get a response because of time zone issue...

I will probably ask for a refund or something and get something on the showcase...

rahimiiii said:
Gregg said:

I emailed them, but it will be a while before I get a response because of time zone issue...

I will probably ask for a refund or something and get something on the showcase...
I'm guessing it's like 1:15 pm over there right now, right? So if it were my neck I'd make a special effort to stay up late and call Warmoth when they open. And have it straightened out over the phone, if you really want that particular neck. Obviously it was thier fault,so they should be able to track sown your neck in Thailand and have it rerouted to you. Or at least make another one... :dontknow:

Shipping overseas in any direction can be difficult and sometimes just plan weird stuff happens.

I once ordered some tolex and it was sent to Ontario, California (not Ottawa, Ontario, Canada).  The shipper was great and we figured it out, but it just goes to show that even shipments to the great white north from the US can go awry.  Fortunately I've never had an issue with Warmoth (or any guitar parts company).

I'm sure that the warmoth folks will straighten it out for you - BTW did they respond yet?

An update, I called Warmoth and they called USPS and initiated a country change, but they said I have to wait like 3 weeks and that if the package doesn't show up in 3 weeks they will either refund or replace the neck.

Just an example of things that can happen.

I sold a Les Paul Standard to fund my build.  I shipped it to an address in Pennsylvania.  I kept my copies and everything showed up correctly on the tracking.  It was delivered and signed for, but the guy said he did not receive it.  I googled the name that signed for it and low and behold it was delivered to a house a few streets over.  When the guy picked it up, someone at FedEx had graciously printed a new label, crossed through the original, and applied a different address.  I have no idea when, where or why that happened.  It's not like they tried to steal it, they sent it to a little old lady and it was insured, but it was just very strange.  That said, they could have done everything right and some bonehead at USPS could have gone out of his way to screw it up.

If USPS was involved, it could be entirely THEIR fault. I accidently worked for USPS for almost a year once (I quit one night, never went back and it took them 13 months to send me a letter notifying me that I was terminated. One of my job duties, since I was "so smart", was to go around 4 times a shift and pull all the hand-sorted mail in the "Foreign" pigeonholes and cull it before it went to the airport facility for dispatch. You'd be surprised (or maybe not) how many USPS employees think that New Mexico, Indiana, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands are foreign countries. Or how many items addressed to foreign countries are mis-sorted to US distribution based on foreign postal codes in the address.

Lucky #7 said:
Just an example of things that can happen.

I sold a Les Paul Standard to fund my build.  I shipped it to an address in Pennsylvania.  I kept my copies and everything showed up correctly on the tracking.  It was delivered and signed for, but the guy said he did not receive it.  I googled the name that signed for it and low and behold it was delivered to a house a few streets over.  When the guy picked it up, someone at FedEx had graciously printed a new label, crossed through the original, and applied a different address.  I have no idea when, where or why that happened.  It's not like they tried to steal it, they sent it to a little old lady and it was insured, but it was just very strange.  That said, they could have done everything right and some bonehead at USPS could have gone out of his way to screw it up.

So how do I protect myself if I am selling something and it got delivered to the wrong address? I mean Warmoth can deal with things like this since they probably seen it a lot and can absorb the cost and stuff but how do I protect myself from negative feedback or paypal freeze and things like that, or having to refund them the money and not getting anything in return...?

As far as being the buyer or the seller?  As the buyer you could dispute the charge if the other side tells you to take a hike (which obviously didn't and wouldn't happen here).  As the seller, the best option is to pay for the insurance on high dollar items like that.  The guy that bought my Les Paul was worried because he needed it for a gig that weekend, but on my end, I had insured it for the full amount.  If it was stolen because they sent it to the wrong address, that wasn't my fault.  Just keep all your documentation.

Are warmoth UPS domestic shipments insured?  if not, do they allow that option for an upcharge, and if so has anyone done that?  Is it neccessary?

I don't know if they insure, but from what I've seen on the board, they seem to be pretty fair with shipping issues.  They might ask, as with this case, for you to wait a little longer to see if it can get worked out, but it seems they will take care of you one way or another.  You just have to communicate with them and let them know what is going on so they can fix the problem.

I just looked up the tracking info on Taiwan's post office and the package showed up at the Taiwan's international exchange, so that means I should be getting it tomorrow if not Mondays. I just hope it's not damaged....

Back