My mind is BLOWN

I'm as impressed with the programming as I am the construction! cool

You know Hannaugh I was gonna come up with some kind of smart ass comment concerining the name of this post........ BUT...........

My mind is in fact blown too!!

That is an amazing printer made by someone who has way too much time on their hands!!  And too many Legos.  I wonder if he asked his kids if he could play with their legos or if he went out and bought his own?  I love the lego dudes mounted on there that is the ultimate finishing touch!!

I'm reminded of that ridiculous thread of Max's about Legos versus MegaBlocks, and something about anal insertions. :blob7: :dontknow:

Woah, I don't remember that part!  Legos are definitely something you don't want associated with anal insertions. 

lego mindstorms was the coolest toy ever made

real robotics and programming made simple and understandable for kids

Believe it or not, I think Legos have gotten less creative.  This isn't supposed to be a back in my day rant, but the Lego sets i've seen recently have a lot of specialized prefab components that take some of the creativeity out of some of it.  Instead of making a piece that needs what you need it to, Lego has already done it.  I remember I made a 2 speed transmission that had a neutral and reverse mounted in a 4 wheel independent suspension chassis when I was 10.  Now those are just pre-assembled pieces that come with directions.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Believe it or not, I think Legos have gotten less creative.  This isn't supposed to be a back in my day rant, but the Lego sets i've seen recently have a lot of specialized prefab components that take some of the creativeity out of some of it.  Instead of making a piece that needs what you need it to, Lego has already done it.  I remember I made a 2 speed transmission that had a neutral and reverse mounted in a 4 wheel independent suspension chassis when I was 10.  Now those are just pre-assembled pieces that come with directions.
+1, actually. I've seen it too. I used to have 3 large boxes of Legos, and I loved building stuff, searching for that one part that is the bottom of the bin, but then, they started making up new pieces, which made it harder to try to build what you saw in a picture.

That, and it seems like 90% of the Legos I see in stores are kits from movies.  I had the castle sets, pirates, and space stuff when I was a kid, and I like those general categories much better than movie based ones.

Back