My lefty Moderne

OzziePete said:
...to think that design was made in the 1950's by Gibson! (A conservative time and by a conservative company).

I've seen the reissues, but I have never seen a genuine first issue 1957/58 Gibson Moderne  -  there's even conjecture it didn't make it past the design stage & that no guitar exists.

Great quilting on that Moderne Kreig. Glad you listened to suggestions.

gibson made the V, the Explorer the SG the ripper bass, other things i'm sure i've forgotten. they were not conservative and neither were the 50's granted the colors weren't as loud as the 80's-90's but the 50's were all about stretching the limits of style. remember fins on cars other than cadillacs? maybe that is why guitars haven't changed much since then. they really tuned in to what people find attractive and/or what makes a statement and is therefor cool.
think about it the V, the SG, the Explorer, the Les Paul, the Stratocaster were all from the 50's and none of them seem dated 50+ years later. new guitars almost exclusively use those shapes but make a statment by excluding familiar things like pick guards.

Back