My first Warmoth SG build

wyattriot

Custom mahogany body with vintage white finish, Gotoh Wilkinson tremolo, Bare Knuckle Nailbomb A5 pickups. Custom mahogany neck with clear satin finish, thin profile, indian rosewood fingerboard with 24 stainless steel frets, GraphTech TUSQ XL nut, Schaller mini locking tuners.

(Click on the photo for a larger version. I added more photos further down in the thread.)

I'm sure this'll become my go-to tremolo guitar, plus a chance to really try out some different features (like compound radius neck and thin profile) for my second build.

Jack Michaelson said:
Cool. More pics?
Soon, I hope. I picked it at 7 PM on the last day of my weekend. So I'm going to have to wait a few more days and hope I get some better light.  :dontknow:

The weather's been terrible lately so all I've got are more indoor shots. :dontknow: Oh, well, here goes!

(click on images for larger versions)

Already earned a few nicks and dents. Can't be helped and it really doesn't bother me.

I hadn't decided on pickups when I ordered the body, so I got a double battery rout just in case and ended up not using them. I also forgot to buy a back plate, but it turns out that's what all the fancy rock stars are doing nowadays, so it's cool. :doh:

The Gator case is awesome and looks great when closed, but it's oh-so-ugly on the inside. :laughing11:

It's now my go-to tremolo guitar. My main is a Gibson SG Standard, but I ordered a Warmoth mahogany telecaster, that may replace the Gibson. We'll see.

good choice on the pups...your last pic reminded me of the gibson les paul studio that i bought 15 years ago...the case had a bright pink liner...what in hell were they thinking...lol...i hated that case untill the day i sold it...seriously, was any thought given to colour...bright pink, ugh...lol

congrats...at first, i didn't think there was a finish on that neck...i guess i've never seen a satin finish on mahogany before...that is something that i would do if i was going
that route as i am not fussy about gloss finishes on necks...good choice...

+1 on the "no back cover" choice...i find mine always crack, or break around he screw holes...i always wondered if there was clearance to make the back cover plate "flush" with the backside, or if it would interfere with the tremolo...maybe someone else knows...i would get that option if it was available...

every time i see an SG...i think tony iommi...i wonder if others associate the sg with an artist like that...tony iommi IS the SG to me...i suppose angus young would be the first association for others...but i digress...enjoy

Back