My first Warmoth Project completed

in case you missed the link here it is:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=c4wqkoo.7r5tb9o&Uy=bsqty5&Ux=0

GuitarBaker said:
Huh?  :sad: I do not think I responded negatively to any request for more pictures.  I went to the trouble of putting a slide show together with a link on it for whoever wants to see more detail.  I have no idea what you are talking about dude.

My apologies. My only excuse is that I've been listening to The Beatles "Help!" album tonight, and it's gotten me all riled up.

Hawkwind's "Space Ritual" is up next, that will probably put me in a better mood.

Rich

willyk said:
>JR< said:
Oh sick finish mate! that'd blow the panties off any unexacting and unprepared floozy ... whatever that means!!!  :cool01:

It means "bewdy, bonza, bottla, pearler!!".........and you need help mate :toothy10: :laughing7: :toothy10:

... i was dropped.  :(

thanks everyone for the positive feedback.  I really dig this quitar and the sound is just killer. I really can't believe I built it myself.  I have already ordered the next project components - that one is going to be unreal.

:glasses9:  That's one great looking strat and although it's brand new it already has a great story with your own memories. I will be waiting to see the Tele.  :hello2:

That finish is amazing. I've never seen something like that before. Beautiful! It takes balls to cover  a quilt like  that, but you pulled it off. KUDOS.
(The one small issue I would have, is that the pickguard seems to be trying to steal the show, like it's competing with that gorgeous finish.)
I usually don't like white guitars, but I would be proud to own one like that.
Great job :toothy10: :toothy10:

thanks - different and clean was what I was going after.  Some of my favorite guitarists play alpine white strats - Jimi, Robin Trower, Ana Popovic just to name a few.  I did not want to duplicate what fender already perfected so I went with the quilted and dyed maple.  My tele parts are coming this week so be on the lookout for something completely different in about 2 weeks. 

Wow, that really is nice. I'm not usually a big fan of gaudy, quilty-purply, sunburst-with-sequins type guitars, but that's really subtle and... deep, man. Something about quilt tops on Strats usually makes me think of putting lipstick on a cheetah or fuzzy dice on a Ferrari, but you pulled this one off.

Hi guys,

So....it looks like i'm finally ordering my first Warmoth parts tomorrow and i've been wanting to try and replicate Richie Kotzens trans white/blonde strat which it doesn't seem Warmoth can do (i spoke with them directly about it sadly) - This mary Kay strat has me thinking though.

That paint job...is that a combo of Warmoth work does anyone know? or is this a home made/home completed paint job?

I love it...i'd love to set myself up with a similar color scheme...Help! Please! :)

I tried the pictures links (all of them) and it comes up with 'no album found'.  :icon_scratch:

How about some more pictures in this post? :redflag:

Back