My first Warmoth build

Mapleg4 said:
Humanoid said:
Mapleg4 said:
Another question: I noticed that you have a short pickup ring on the bridge pickup. Is this something that's related to having a Floyd, or is it just your preference?

What do you mean short? I ordered pickup rings from Warmoth, so.. I have rings of the same size in my Schecter, but taller and made from plastic.

Both your pickup rings are the same height, I've seen that most guitars have a taller pickup ring on the brigde pickup to keep the pickup closer to the strings.

Well yeah, you kind of answered to this already. Guitars with Tune-O-Matic or non-recessed Floyd Roses require a neck angle, which means the bridge pickup must be a little higher than usually. That's why you can see taller pickup rings on the bridge.

Ok, well replied. If someone wants a recessed Floyd, must the routing of the neck angle be specified on the order form, or is it done automatically? Does it cost extra?

Mapleg4 said:
Ok, well replied. If someone wants a recessed Floyd, must the routing of the neck angle be specified on the order form, or is it done automatically? Does it cost extra?

I think it's automatic because with the right neck angle, the guitar is unusable. And no, I don't think it costs any extra.

by far my favourite warmoth soloist yet.  Very interesting choice of wood for the carved top but it looks good enough to inspire me to comment over one month down the road.

Would be good if warmoth could reset the spacing between the pots when they are making guitars with just 2.  Using the strat spacing means they are either too close together or too far apart IMO- came out the same on my JM.  Can't be that hard to set up an alternative option - maybe I will drop this on the suggestion page.  With that in mind, I will simply order my next build without drilled pot holes. 

Guess I skipped over this one! There is no word to describe it's perfection, so I'm forced to make one up. And I'm going to do so right now...scrumtralescent.

TexxasJam said:
Nice Axe!  Was the Floyd Rose difficult to install your first time out?   :guitarplayer2:

I only had to enlarge the holes for mounting studs. Otherwise no problems.

SrDeMaFp said:
Guess I skipped over this one! There is no word to describe it's perfection, so I'm forced to make one up. And I'm going to do so right now...scrumtralescent.

Indeed. I have already dreamed about similar guitar but a body with arched flame maple top and red dye paint. Of course then the pickups looks nicer if mounted straight to the wood :)

Back