My First Warmoth Build

JSG

First of all, thanks to everyone who helped me piece this thing together, especially Willy K.  I couldn't have done it without the help.  I ended up with pretty much exactly what I had hoped for.  This is a black korina body with birdseye maple neck and fingerboard.  I hot rodded it with a Bill Lawrence 500 XL in the bridge and a Duncan Evolution in the neck.  the Floyd is something I've had tucked away in a shoebox for 20 years.  I knew I'd need it for something one day.  Thanks to a wonderful set up job by my friend at Art's Music (his name is Neil Young, for real), this guitar plays and sounds amazing.  Thanks again, everyone.

5-1.jpg

I never cared for the Warmoth headstock until now - it fits perfectly with that body shape. Pretty cool. :)

That black korina looks incredible. Never expected to ever dig that body shape, but... i do!

That's a cool guitar..
I can imagine it's not everones taste, but at least it is really unique! :)

I... as much as I hate to say something nice....  really like it!  Organic - not toxic orange or green.  Sweet axe.  Congrats!

How does it work with a strap?  Where is the neck strap button?  Does the strap get caught up in the curves on the bottom or anywhere else?  Neck heavy?  More pics plz.

Nice work - I'm also curious about the strap button placement and whether it's neck heavy. Somebody else had a musiclander and said his was neck heavy, and I might just have to make one of these someday.
That's a 25.5 scale neck, right? Looks like it plays great, and it's probably really comfortable. Just seems like a big neck for that little body.

I love to see a plan come together. You turned your vision into reality and that's priceless. Good on ya !  :hello2: :eek:ccasion14: :hello2:

Nice, very nice and by strange coincidence, I just posted pics of my completed Musiclander in the Misc Guitar gallery, spooky huh?

Cheers - Rab.

I know!  Two Musiclanders in one day???  What are the odds!  I love them both!

Wow!  Thanks for all the kind words.  I've indicated in a rather crude manner where the strap buttons are placed in the picture below (back of the top point and centered on the bottom).  I had seen the other guy's post about his Musiclander being neck heavy so I tried something different.  It worked out because it is perfectly balanced.  Even with a  nylon strap it doesn't slip at all.  That was a big concern for me.  I got lucky.

5-2.jpg

Nice axe, I really like the contrast between dark and light colored woods. I did the same on my VW, blk korina body koa top and birseye maple neck.

Attachments

• warmoth-EVH2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 508
  • warmoth-EVH.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 473
Back