My First Build

Indyplumber

After lurking here for years I finally decided to do my first Warmoth build this summer.
I ordered my body in April and my neck in June.

The body arrived around Memorial Day.
Soloist
Basswood
HH with a Recessed Floyd and Contoured Heel

I decided to try to paint in myself.  Using 2K primer and Clear and Waterborne Auto Paint.
After my first attempt I got blotching on my final pass.

So I sanded it back down to the wood and tried again.

This time around I got a bug in my paint and screwed it up trying to get the bug out. 

I sanded it back to the wood AGAIN and put it aside for a week to decide what to do.  I finally decided that I could not control the conditions for painting in my garage well enough to be satisfied with any painting I could do.  So I headed down the street to my local body shop.  There I picked out a nice House of Kolor paint to suit my needs.
A couple of weeks later I picked it up.

My Neck arrived in July.

This weekend I decided to put it all together.

Here are some highlights.

So the Specs are as follows

Soloist Flat Top
Contoured Heel
Wood Mount HB's
Dimarzio D Activator Neck and Bridge
Recessed Floyd Rose

Warmoth 2 Headstock
Ebony on Birdseye Maple
24 Fret
SS6150
Standard Thin

I learned a lot more while doing this.  I have to say, my blood pressure went up this weekend while doing some of the drilling and screwing.  Literally!  I had to take a BP pill tonight to bring it back down.  (suppose to start taking them daily but I'm still getting use to that)

But I didn't strip any screws or make any mistakes. 

I give credit to all of you here who have posted information, pics, advice, tips and tricks over the years.  I could not have done this without all of the information found here.

It's been strung up and tuned.  I'm letting it sit tonight before I do fine adjustments such as neck relief, action and intonation.

:eek:ccasion14:

Well done. The purple body finish looks to have turned out well in the end.  :glasses9:

Back