My 3 Warmoths This Year

Gregg said:
elgravos said:
Just curious are the LPs long scale or do they use the warmoth conversion neck? 

Lovely axes.  Though I'm still a set neck guy when it comes to LPs this is the closest yet I've come to being swayed.
I use conversion necks. It makes for an exceptional LP feel - very much like a Gibby IMO.

I have both, have you tried a 25.5'' neck on a les paul, gregg? I can highly recommend it! it gives you a bit more snap and spank, so to say, in feel and tone. I dont want to have a 24.75'' scale anymore (unless there's ofcourse a dirt-cheap exotic nofinish requiring neck in the showcase  :evil4: )

[/quote]
I use conversion necks. It makes for an exceptional LP feel - very much like a Gibby IMO.
[/quote]

I'm with you, Gregg. It's not that same feel without the 24.75, and I like it too, I think it's a bit faster and easier. I'm considering maybe a 24.75 tele for the next build (a ways away....)

I went with a conversion neck and I like it, though after only playing 25.5 scale since starting, it's been a bit of an adjustment. I like the loose feel, but think a bottom heavy set of strings might work best - I'm going to try soon.

Nice work, curious to know how you like the Variax compared to the others?.

The Variax is taking some getting used to  , This is the first strat type layout I have played & the top knob seems to get in the way , But as far as sounds you cannot beat it ,very  usable with the pod X3 live,
Im gonna build another strat shortly With hardtail , Mini humbuckers & custom Switch /Knob layout ......

I am thinking about donig a Variax, but not 100% sure yet, where did you come accross the ecletronics? did you do it yourself? My first Warmoth was a strat style with Seymour Duncan single coil size humbuckers, very pleased with the result.

Back