My 2nd Warmoth Body came today

hanny11

So my dakota red, swamp ash, contour heel strat body that I got off the showcase, showed today :icon_thumright: It rocks! Couple questions.
1. I didn't order the warmoth screw set and now I don't need $25 worth of stuff to order, how can I get some? know the sizes?
2. My warmoth neck has already been on another body that was not a contour heel, will it fit up ok on my new body?

l'll get some photos up soon.

that's good news, but where and what do I get for screws? I know 2 are shorter, how much shorter?

You can just cut the long screw shorter with a hacksaw if you're in a jam... just put the screw on the neck point without putting them in to gauge the depth then you can cut them to length.

rahimiiii said:
You can just cut the long screw shorter with a hacksaw if you're in a jam... just put the screw on the neck point without putting them in to gauge the depth then you can cut them to length.

DONT do that...

a hacksaw is going to leave a rough edge that needs to be carefully filed, and if you dont file it good, its going to strip the hole...

i did this with a pickup mounting screw once and it stripped the holes, even after filing.

but neck screws are much larger (more distance between the threads) so it may work ok.

in either case, i would rather get the right screw to begin with.

Back