Mustang Bridge Options

SaintFu

I’m contemplating a build with a Mustang body but with a 25.5” neck. There’s obviously no option for this in the body builder page. Will Warmoth, as a special request, drill holes for a flat mount bridge at the correct position for 25.5” scale?

Failing that, I assume if I configure a body with the bridge type of “Hardtail” and select “No Bridge Rout,” I will get a body with a flat neck pocket and no holes for the bridge so that I can drill my own. Is this correct?

I haven't tried it myself, but it seems feasible to do as you asked - start with a request with Warmoth, and if they can't comply, drill yourself.  I'm sure I've seen at least one other person on the forum drill their own holes to be able to place a bridge so that a "non-compatible" neck would still intonate properly.  But others with more knowledge will either corroborate or deny.  Don't trust me.  :icon_thumright:

In pretty sure the 24 fret 24.75" scale Warmoth neck will bolt to a Mustang body and intonate correctly. It might be a cool option that requires less effort. If you move the bridge back for a 25.5" neck you'll probably want to change the bridge pickup location and pickguard shape to make everything look right.

There's someone on the OSG forums that makes a conversion bridge plate for the mustang; it allows you to put a wraparound bridge w/regular Strat scale neck and intonate properly.

Back