Music Man "Sweet Spot" Pickup position?

I'm reminded of the old Peter Sellers bit where he's standing at a counter with a dog at his feet and asks the counterman if his dog bites. Man says no. Sellers reaches down to pet it, and it bites him. He complains, and the man replies "That's not my dog"  :laughing7:

Don't ask for the pickup cavity to be routed in the Music Man position. Ask for it to be routed N.NN inches from the bridge.

Cagey is correct. If you give us a location spec say from the edge of the end of the neckpocket to the front edge of the pickup we will rout it for you. It is called a custom pickup location. And will also include a $45.00 upcharge.

Dolando said:
double A said:
FYI, Warmoth can rout the Sweet Spot in a custom location for you, if you like. $45 upcharge. Give us a call.

Oh really. I sent an email about this and was told they couldn’t route it in the music man position I was after.

I don't know all the specs of your build, but assuming your body is rear-rout (not using a pickguard), and assuming the MM pickup is the only pickup on the body, we can adjust the position of the Sweet Spot rout to be the exact distance from the bridge you want. There's an upcharge for it, of course. You may also need to send us the bridge you are using. But....we can do it.

Yea I was always going to give them the measurements for what I want. I just assumed when I asked for music man position they might have m mentioned the custom pickup location charge...

Would they take a location measurement from the nut? It seems like the most logical place to take it from as I don’t know here the neck pocket sits. Im in the UK, so measuring from the bridge isn’t the really the best option. :)

Dolando said:
Yea I was always going to give them the measurements for what I want. I just assumed when I asked for music man position they might have m mentioned the custom pickup location charge...

Would they take a location measurement from the nut? It seems like the most logical place to take it from as I don’t know here the neck pocket sits. Im in the UK, so measuring from the bridge isn’t the really the best option. :)

The measurement has to be in relation to something on the body, either the end of the neck pocket or the bridge.

Back